Job Title: REACH Field Officer (2 Fresher Job Opportunities)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Salary Range: Ugx 2.4 – 3.5 Million Gross Pay
ACTED is an independent international, private, non-partisan and non-profit organization that operates according to principles of strict neutrality, political and religious impartiality, and non-discrimination. ACTED was created in 1993 to support populations affected by the conflict in Afghanistan. Based in Paris, France, ACTED now operates in 38 countries worldwide. ACTED sectors of intervention include emergency relief, food security, health promotion, economic development, education & training, microfinance, local governance & institutional support, and cultural promotion.
Job Summary: The REACH Field Officer will be responsible for supporting the REACH GIS/Assessment Officers, Field Manager, and Senior Field Officer to ensure the successful completion of assessments in the refugee settlements and host districts. He/she will also be responsible for related logistics, data cleaning, focus group discussion facilitation, leading enumeration teams and any other reasonable tasks needed to ensure the success of the REACH mission in Uganda. This position will work closely with experienced national and international staff members and will require a minimum of 70% of time in remote field locations
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Data collection and analysis
- The REACH Field Officer will manage and lead field data collection (including recruitment and training of enumerators), regularly update enumerators and stakeholders databases, provide technical support to assessment teams with analysis of data, using appropriate software including MAXQDA), and ensure that all data they collect is properly stored onto the Dropbox server.
- The REACH Field Officer will lead enumeration teams of up to 20 individuals in the refugee settlements and be responsible for providing direction, logistical and technical support to the enumerators. They will also support the REACH Assessment/ GIS Officer as needed; they will directly manage Field Assistants and their enumeration teams.
- Ensure compliance with ACTED logistics and finance policies and procedures, develop procedures for tracking, management and deployment of assets (phones, tablets & other data collection equipment) in the field, and provide logistics support to the REACH Field and assessment teams. They will also provide support in organizing movement of REACH teams to and from field locations, identifying accommodations and office space, and liaising with appropriate government authorities to ensure REACH can conduct activities as needed.
Security and safety
- The REACH Field Officer will ensure that the enumeration teams adhere to the ACTED safety and security protocols, and Code of Conduct, regularly update the security focal person on all matters pertaining to field security including providing daily updates when required.
Accountability to Communities and Beneficiaries
- The staff member is responsible for ensuring that all relations with the communities we work with are conducted in a respectful and consultative manner. Due attention must be paid to ensuring that communities are adequately consulted and informed about ACTED programme objectives, activities, beneficiary selection criteria, and methodologies. This is the responsibility of every ACTED staff member.
- Promoting and adhering to the Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse policy and guidelines (for site residents, ACTED staff, partner agencies, casual workers et al)
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant Bachelor’s Degree in relevant studies (Social Science, Development studies) required
- At least two years working with INGOs preferably in a field based position
- Willingness and ability to work in a dynamic and fast paced field environment with extended of time required
- Strong skills with Microsoft Suite
- Experience in using ODK for quantitative data collection, or the ability to rapidly master the process
- Experience in managing and building capacity for casual workers such Enumerators, Translators, et al
- Experience in data collection (conducting Focus Group Discussions – FGDs and KIIs)
- Experience in collecting information using hand-held GPS devices
- Knowledge in creating kml/kmz files in Google Earth
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment requiring flexibility
- Prior experience working in a refugee settlement an asset
- Written and spoken fluency in English required
- Working language of Juba Arabic and/or regional languages (used in South Sudan, DRC, Burundi, Rwanda) an asset
- Ability to work independently
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications to [email protected] with the subject line: APPLICATION FOR REACH FIELD OFFICER – UGANDA accompanied with:
- Curriculum Vitae (Maximum 03 Pages)
- Cover Letter (Maximum 01 Page)
Cover Letter and CV must be shared as a single PDF document i.e with the Cover Letter being on the first page and CV starting on the next page, detailing 03 work referees and their day time contacts. Please do not attach any other documents while sending your application. If required they will be requested at a later stage.
Deadline: 5th December 2021 by 5:00pm