Job Title: Risk Analyst
Organisation: PostBank Uganda Ltd
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
PostBank Uganda Ltd is a government owned bank regulated by Bank of Uganda under the Financial Institutions Act, 2004. The bank focuses on the mass market with operations spread across the country.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will be tasked with updating risk register using internal loss database, external loss database and new market development register and updating foreign exchange register on daily basis for tracking and monitoring of exposures that may affect Postbank’s bottom-line.
- Carrying out market risk analysis and investment mix updates through analysis of inflation trends, market developments, foreign exchange analysis and investment analysis for alignment of Postbank’s activities to sound practices and relevant frameworks
- In charge of the computation and analysis of the different credit risk parameters resulting into preparation of Management risk Committee report for decision making.
- Tasked with the collection of the monthly Risk and control self-assessments, suspicious transactions and Incident reports and other data to aid in preparation of the monthly Risk reports to management and Board.
- Participate in preparation of the risk reports to management risk committee including; the Risk and Control Self-Assessment report, Key Risk Indicator analysis, CAMELs framework and the quarterly Operational incident report.
- Preparation of the weekly Risk dashboard for Management for proactive monitoring of the institution’s initiatives as per developments in the operating and macro-economic environment.
- Maintaining a standard tracking tool for key residual risks from Risk, Compliance and Audit for continuous monitoring and undertaking routine vulnerability analyses and reviews for all risk incidents in a bid to enhance process control activities.
- Preparation of risk review feedback for branches and departments for monitoring, implementation and follow ups with respective risk owners
- Responsible for monitoring of market developments for assessment of market risk, interest rate risk, foreign exchange risk and country risk for preparation of PostBank’s risk profile.
- Computation of branch deposit concentration and preparation of the Deposit Analysis report for continuous tracking of Postbank’s deposit structure
- Undertaking Risk independent reviews and spot checks in branches & Head Office departments to assess the effectiveness of policies and procedures and identification of vulnerability points and gaps for improvement of process flows.
- Reviewing and updating project risk tools, registers for identifying uncertainties, analysis and prioritization Risks as well as Project Process flow mapping and Risk assessment for continuous improvements and monitoring.
- Undertaking Business impact assessment and Risk Assessment of the different business areas for business seamless disruptions upon a disruption/ disaster event
- Participating in the Enterprise risk assessment for better internal controls for business units, incident management and minimal business surprises.
- Proactively initiate review of organizational policies and procedure, in line with the changing bank risk profiles.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree University Degree in Statistics, Banking or Business Admin
- At least two years of relevant work experience preferably Risk; Internal Audit, Compliance and Credit functions
- Broad knowledge and understanding of risk disciplines and regulatory framework
- Possess wide knowledge in banking operations; credit and Market risk
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Practical creativity and innovative thinking
- Good Project Management skills
- High level of Integrity and ethical standards
- A Results-oriented individual able to meet deadlines.
- Ability to create rapport with risk owners and other stakeholders for risk information and data collection
How to Apply:
All interested candidates are invited to send their applications enclosing curriculum vitae, copies of academic, professional certificates and contact addresses of three referees. Applications should be sent by post, courier, hand delivery or e-mail to the following address;
The Director, Future Options Consulting Ltd,
4th Floor, DTB Centre, Kampala Road,
P.O. Box 34934, Kampala. Uganda
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 18th September 2017