Vacancy title: Risk and Internal Audit Advisor
Type: FULL TIME.
Category: Accounting & Finance
Jobs at: Uganda Protestant Medical Bureau (UPMB)
Deadline of this Job: 24th September 2019
Duty Station: Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
The Uganda Protestant Medical Bureau (UPMB), a leading Christian organization coordinating 302 Member Health facilities all over Uganda, is inviting applications for the following position from suitably qualified individuals to work as part of a professional and self-driven team. Candidates should be people of good reputation and are willing to uphold the ethics and values of UPMB.
JOB TITLE: REPORTS TO: RESPONSIBLE FOR: DUTY STATION:
INTERNAL AUDITOR CHAIRMAN AUDIT COMMITTEE NONE KAMPALA WITH FREQUENT VISITS TO THE FIELD
JOB PURPOSE: The main objective of the Risk and Internal Audit Advisor function shall be to appraise and review the proper functioning of financial and non-financial control systems and procedures in place at UPMB and MHES and to recommend improvements to Management and the Board..
• Carry-out all risk and internal audit tasks of the organization
• Examine the books of accounts on a regular and continuous basis to ascertain accuracy, completeness and reliability
• Bring to the attention of UPMB Management and/ or the Board any anomalies in and violations of the established and agreed procedures and guidelines
• Examine compliance of UPMB operations with the laws of Uganda, requirements of regulatory bodies and other external international laws and practices.
• Monitor the adherence to quality systems and procedures as laid down in the financial manual of UPMB prepare Internal Audit schedules for Board approval; implement them accordingly and report results as per agreed framework
• Conduct value for money audits
• Member of Institute of Internal Auditors as added advantage
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Professional Qualification in CIA, ACCA/CPA. At least 5 years’ internal audit experience in a busy firm, advanced computer literacy (MS Word, Excel)
• Effective time management, high level of Integrity, ability to work with minimum supervision
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Interested persons who wish to apply may e-mail, post or hand-deliver an application letter with a detailed CV and copies of certificates of relevant qualifications naming at least two referees, to: Executive Director Uganda Protestant Medical Bureau, Plot 877 Balintuma Road Mengo, P.O. Box 4127, Kampala Uganda. E-mail: email@example.com . Deadline for submission two weeks from the date of advert