Uganda Industrial Research Institute (UIRI) is a centre of excellence for the East African Community (EAC) in industrial research. The institution has evolved into a competence and capability centre which champions innovations, translates applied research results into practical applications; that include products and industrial processes, imparts technical skills and deploys technology across Uganda.
Job Summary: The UIRI seeks to recruit a Sales and Marketing Supervisor for its upcoming livestock vaccine manufacturing enterprise Brentec Investments Ltd, an Incubatee, who will have the responsibility of growing the Sales and Marketing potential of the company. The mission of this company is to transform quality of life of rural households by providing vaccine solutions to the diseases that hinder livestock farming as means of household income. Our first focus is to manufacture and make accessible to the farmer appropriate vaccine to the most lethal disease of chickens, ducks, turkeys and other poultry, namely the Newcastle Disease.
Key Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out market analysis to include details on the market characteristics (market size, growth, market share development, market trends, number of competitors), competitor analysis and characteristics (product characteristics, sales activities, pricing analysis).
- Perform strategic market planning analysis of future market threats and opportunities, product characteristics to compete on, customers, competitors, market segmentation and product positioning.
- Work closely with advertising and media companies to design and create promotional materials such as flyers, brochures, newsletters, calendars, promotional materials and posters and ensure placement of adverts and running media campaigns. Create submissions, as appropriate, for new and existing free and paid advertising opportunities, including calendar entries, publications, web site links or listings.
- Stay abreast with knowledge of regulatory information that impacts the marketing and sale of the product in target markets.
- Carry out research on new and established markets and forecast changes in market environment and develop new areas of opportunity
- Work closely with field teams to analyze customer questions, identify trends recommend appropriate actions to management.
- Work with field teams to plan post-market surveillance studies
- Organize training events for field staff in livestock production and management, and participation in symposia and trade shows as well as workshops to increase product familiarization for farmers, distributors and their agents in rural areas.
- As appropriate, contract with outside vendors/designers/ printers; developing specifications, soliciting bids, scheduling and monitoring production and delivery of vaccine.
- Support the development of distribution strategy and identification and evaluation of potential distributors for the vaccine.
- Maintain and update website and social media pages including facebook and twitter accounts.
- Adhere to good documentation practices to ensure data integrity and traceability.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience needed for the job:
- The ideal candidate should hold a Diploma in marketing from a recognized institution.
- Specific preference will be given to individuals with relevant field experience.
- Background knowledge of livestock farming systems will be an advantage.
- The candidate must have strong mathematics skills; some scientific background; excellent skills in prioritization and achievement of goals and objectives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, a strong work ethic, computer literacy, and the ability to work independently following verbal instructions are required.
- Flexibility and a passion to drive for results are key for this position.
- The candidate MUST possess a clean, valid driver’s license as the position involves a significant amount of field work.
How to Apply for the job:
All candidates are encouraged to send their handwritten applications with copies of academic credentials and detailed curriculum vitae indicating contact addresses of referees should be forwarded to the address below.
Director, Vaccine Production, Uganda Industrial Research Institute, Plot 42a Mukabya Road- Nakawa Industrial Area, P.O. Box 7086, Kampala -Uganda
Deadline: 24th October 2014