Job Title: Sales Operations Coordinator
Organisation: Qatar Airways (QA)
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
About Qatar Airways:
Qatar Airways is the state-owned flag carrier of Qatar and it’s headquartered in the Qatar Airways Tower in Doha. The airline operates a hub-and-spoke network, linking over 150 international destinations across Africa, Central Asia, Europe, Far East, South Asia, Middle East, North America, South America and Oceania from its base at Hamad International Airport, using a fleet of more than 180 aircraft. Qatar Airways Group employs more than 40,000 people, of whom 24,000 work directly for Qatar Airways. The carrier has been a member of the Oneworld alliance since October 2013, the first Gulf carrier to sign with one of the three airline alliances.
Job Summary: Qatar Airways (QR) have embarked on an exciting transformation journey to change how we interact with our customers. As part of this journey, we are now recruiting for the role of Sales Operations Coordinator based in Entebbe, Uganda. In this role, you will be responsible for the execution of daily sales operations tasks for the assigned region, adhering closely to established processes and policy guidelines. Deliver five-star service for internal sales teams and external trade partners which will facilitate QR revenue generating sales activities. Play an active role in maintaining strong esprit de corp for the sales operations team, and participate in relationship building with internal stakeholders.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adhere closely to Standard Operating Procedures (SoPs) for sales operations functions ensuring alignment to QR’s global sales operations principles
- Play a leading role in the team for executing sales operations activities including (but not limited to) Reservations and Ticketing, Trade/Corporate Account support, Group Sales, Sales Support, Sales Systems, and Sales Administration.
- Deliver customer-friendly, value added communications to external trade partners on QR-related matters such as campaigns, policy changes, fare revisions.
- Support the sales team in maintaining an up-to-date database of trade partners within the region. Provide line managers and regional management with regular reporting on key departmental performance metrics, outstanding issues.
- Mentor junior colleagues in the team and guide them in maintaining high standards of service delivery.
- Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of the Department.
- Handle all sales operations activities including (but not limited to) Reservations and Ticketing, Refunds, Trade/Corporate Account support, Group Sales, Sales Support, Sales Systems, and Sales Administration.
- Process Refunds.
- Raise Commercial Tool Kit requests in galaxy for sales force.
- Maintenance of Galaxy and Trade portal platforms.
- Communicate with customers or QR Account Managers for documentation completion.
- Produce reports for relevant markets and share monthly performance reports.
- Keep customer profiles updated in Galaxy.
- Upload PLB and corporate contracts in Galaxy.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Qatar Airways Sales Operations Coordinator job must hold a High School Qualification or Equivalent with Minimum 3 years of job-related experience
- Experience in any of these fields: reservations/ticketing, sales support, group sales, tariffs, distribution, business analysis.
- PC literate with very good knowledge of MS Office (Word/PowerPoint/Excel).
- Excellent relationship building and communication skills.
- Good knowledge of airline processes (e.g. Pricing/Distribution technology), systems (e.g. Amadeus, GDSes) and travel industry in general
- Problem-solving skills, efficiency-oriented mind set
- Strong mentoring and coaching skills.
- Ability to foster teamwork among team members.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
How to Apply:
If you have what it takes to be part of our 5-star team, please take the first step and apply now by uploading your CV and completing the Qatar Airways online application at the link below.
Deadline: 5th July 2023