UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI) is a registered financial institution in Uganda and is adherent to the Central Bank’s regulations and guidelines and was founded in 1994 to provide quality microfinance services.
Job Summary: The Savings Champion will provide strategic leadership in the overall performance of savings mobilization in the institution. He/she will be responsible for the growth in customer base, deposits, cross- selling of other products and services and income generation based on the long term and short term business objectives.
Key Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the development of a savings culture within the institution
- Advocate for deposit mobilization so that mobilizing of savings is an integral part of everyone’s working practices
- Promote savings initiatives across branch network and provide feedback on customer views ad ideas.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of a business development plan to improve the deposit mobilization and retention of deposit and also manager withdrawal attrition.
- Support branches to ensure they are able to supplement their loan book projections from their internally mobilized deposits.
- Mentor, coach and supervise the work of field deposit mobilization officers.
- Develop and maintain relationships with corporate clients and individual depositors
- Ensure regular and timely reporting.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience needed for the job:
- The candidates should preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree in any business related field
- A minimum of two or more years of related work experience
- Excellent oral and written communication
Age: Less than 40 years of age
How to Apply for the job:
All candidates are strongly encouraged to send a cover letter and an up to date detailed CV, certified copies of complete academic transcripts and professional certificates. The applications should include names of three referees and a day time telephone contact. Please send to:
The Human Resource Manager,
- O. Box 30815, Kampala, Uganda
SILVA Arcade, Plot 62 Bombo Road
Tel:+ 256 414 257 181
Deadline: 20th October 2014