Job Title: Senior Airworthiness Inspector – Avionics (2 Job Placements)
Organisation: Uganda Civil Aviation Authority (UCAA)
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
Reports to: Principal Airworthiness Inspector – Avionics
Job Ref: UCAA/ADV/EXT/06/2022
Uganda Civil Aviation Authority (UCAA) is a corporate body responsible for regulation of civil aviation in the country. It manages Entebbe International Airport (EIA) and thirteen (13) other upcountry aerodromes. UCAA carries out its work in conformity with International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Standards and Recommended Practices (SARPs).
Job Summary: The Senior Airworthiness Inspector – Avionics will ensure that all Aircraft in Uganda, Air Operators, Aircraft Maintenance, Organizations and Engineering personnel maintain Avionic Airworthiness and safety standards at the highest possible level.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Planning, budgeting and review process.
- Provides information to the Principal Inspector in order to support planning activities for the department.
- Participates in and supports budgetary control initiatives in order to ensure that the department operates within its approved budget.
Surveys aircraft for issue and renewal of certificate of airworthiness.
- Inspects aircrafts to ensure avionics airworthiness comply with specifications recommended by the manufacturer and ICAO.
Carrying out periodic reviews of the airworthiness status of aircraft on the register.
- Inspects aircrafts to ensure Avionics airworthiness and adhere to specifications recommended by the manufacturer.
- Prepares inspection report on compliance with manufacturers’ standards and standards set by ICAO and Uganda.
Surveys maintenance organizations renewal and Uganda CAA m approvals for A aircraft for issue, review of maintenance F/PP.
- Assesses personnel, capital and technical capacity of organizations undertaking aircraft maintenance and advises for approval.
- Carries out assessment to assure ICAO and CAA on organizations ability to undertake repairs to the manufacturers’ specifications and ICAO standards. Reports to CAA recommending approval, renewal or cancellation of organizations certificates.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Must hold an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer’s License in “X”, “R” i.e Airframe and power plants
- At least five years of experience in Aircraft Avionics Maintenance or Inspections in a reputable Civil Aviation organization or Airline.
- At least 3 years of experience releasing aircraft to service.
- Should be under 55 years of Age
- A honors Degree in Mechanical or Electrical or Aeronautical Engineering or
- Higher National Diploma in Mechanical or Electrical or Aeronautical Engineering
- Management or supervisory experience
- Completed Aircraft Type trainings.
- Aviation safety related trainings
- Conversant with relevant ICAO SARPs.
- Must be computer literate
- Leadership and managerial skills. Team work
- High level of integrity.
How to Apply:
- To view the above-mentioned job advertisements and apply, please enter the link https://recruitment.caa.co.ug into your browser (Preferably Microsoft Edge) to create an account and start the application process.
- Sign up to create an account (New Users). Fill in all the required information.
- An email verification OTP will be sent to your Email
- Copy and paste the verification.
- Log in with your Email and password
- Create a CV before proceeding
- Click Home and there you will see the advertised job. To apply, click the “Apply” button. Thereafter, an email message will be sent to confirm your application was successful.
- Please note that falsification of information is an offense in UCAA. You are advised to only apply for the jobs where you meet the minimum requirements as indicated in the job description as well as be very sincere while responding to the application questionnaire.
- Physical/hard copy applications will not be accepted.
Deadline: 3rd October 2022