Job Title: Senior Manager – Enterprise Applications
Organisation: MTN Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Manager Application Operations
MTN-Uganda is the leading telecommunications Company in Uganda, providing payphone, fixed lines, fax/data, internet and mobile services.
Job Summary: The Senior Manager – Enterprise Applications will be responsible for overseeing the support of various Enterprise Applications within MTN Uganda (Billing system, Call center applications, Sim registration, Mobile money operations). The jobholder will be responsible for the creation and execution of the continuous service improvement program and performance management across these platforms. Manage, develop and grow an efficient and functional team of application operations engineers
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for overseeing the support of various Enterprise Applications within MTN Uganda,
- Responsible for the creation and execution of the Continuous Service Improvement program and performance management across these platforms.
- Reviewing and optimizing business continuity strategies, service reporting, service measurement and service level management.
- Working with business to translate their requirements into a technology blueprint together with the Solutions Delivery team, to enable the business to achieve their strategic objectives
- Ensure compliance to documentation and alignment to IT Service Management principles.
- Assist in a long-term applications strategy, including investigation of new systems and planning of upgrades and optimization.
- Ensure program and task deadlines for the team are met and maintain high performance on SLAs for assignments.
- Drive the deployment of new applications; systems software; products and / or enhancements to existing applications.
- Engage with the OPCO to ensure that applications meet business requirements and system goals; fulfil end user requirements and identify and resolve system issues
- Assist with the technical negotiation of contracts with software and service providers and oversee each contract from a service delivery perspective.
- Manage and provide direction for the application team in support of the business operation
- Contribute to pre-testing phase of development in collaboration with the Solutions Delivery teams by evaluating proposals to identify potential problem areas and make appropriate recommendations.
- Manage and liaise with service providers/vendors within the Enterprise Applications Space.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the MTN Uganda Senior Manager Application Operations job placement must hold a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Engineering, IT, Applied Mathematics, or related field
- Experience managing a team of application operations staff
- Strong vendor management and follow up skills
- More than 6 years of UNIX shell scripting/programming and database administration
- At least six years of experience developing and maintaining applications
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent report writing
- Can-do attitude
- Highly organized and quick to learn
- Pays attention to detail
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online at the link below.