Senior Project Engineer
Jobs at: Uganda Electricity Distribution Company Limited
Deadline of this Job:
8th November 2019
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
The Uganda Electricity Distribution Company Limited (UEDCL) is a limited liability company incorporated in Uganda under the Companies Act. UEDCL owns the 33KV and below voltage i electricity distribution network and all the operational assets associated with the business currently leased to Umeme Ltd. The company monitors Umeme Ltd’s investment, generation, and distribution of power in eight territories covering over 67 Districts, operation of the pole plant at Lugogo, and execution of some rural electrification schemes on behalf of the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources. The Company is seeking to recruit qualified, competent and highly motivated Ugandans for the following roles: .
Job Purpose: To coordinate Electrification Schemes undertaken by UEDCL by: Monitoring Project quality, Project scoping, Costing and appraisal, making timely reports and Managing way-leaves.
• Provide project development expertise to the project development process, including relevant procurement and health/ safety processes and procedures, ensuring all projects go through the capital investment approval processes in a timely manner.
• Follow an approved project life cycle processes to submit high quality project definition packages, within set specifications and periods.
• Provide expertise and technical inputs in the project designs and specifications.
• Provide inputs to the project approvals and processes according to delegations of authority.
• Maintain regular and accurate reporting to projects manager on project development process, including analysis and evaluation of progress, with respect to the current and forecast status on assigned projects. Identify potential risks with project delivery and take appropriate remedial action.
• Coordinate with project definition partners, including consultants and contractors, so that objectives are achieved and procedures complied with. Generate specifications for out sourcing materials & construction works in line with policies and guidelines
• Initiate materials requisitions for contractors and account for all the materials issued to contractors in line with the PPDA act.
• Carry of project appraisal by costing and undertaking cost benefit analysis
• Participate in pre-commissioning tests and inspections of completed schemes, prepare schemes closure certificates, and participate in handover to operators in line with UEDCL policies.
• Coordination with other entities and stakeholders in electricity Industry to ensure that the works undertaken are in line with Government Agenda.
• Generate timely progress reports on project works, materials utilization and preparation of payment certificates
• B.Sc. Degree in Electrical Engineering from a reputable Tertiary Institution.
• 5 Years Minimum Experience in Electricity Network planning or Electricity related project management
• Post graduate qualification in project management is a requirement
• Must be below 35 years of age
• Corporate Member of Uganda Institution of Professional Engineers (UIPE)
Job application procedure
All interested candidates who wish to join UEDCL in the aforementioned capacities are encouraged to visit our website at http://www.uedcl.co.ug : select “Careers” to view the job details and follow the application instructions. After reviewing the job detail, candidates uploads should not exceed IMB. Please note that the deadline for receiving applications is Friday 8 November 2019 at 5:00 pm.