Job Title: Senior Public Relations Officer
The Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Authority (PPDA) is established under the PPDA Act No.1 of 2003 to formulate policies and regulate procurement and disposal practices in respect of all procuring and disposing entities which include Central Government Ministries and Departments, Local Governments, State Enterprises, Constitutional and Statutory Bodies and post primary training institutions.
Job Summary: The Senior Public Relations Officer will be responsible for the promotion of the image and enhance public awareness of the PPDA mandate and linkage with other stakeholders.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement the PR and Communications Strategy
- Regularly review the PR and Communications Strategy annually and prepare reports on the status of implementation of the Strategy
- Develop annual work plan and budget for Public Relations and Communications activities
- In charge of the preparation of quarterly reports on the status of the implementation of the PR and Communications work plan.
- Prepare and oversee the production of various communication materials in print and electronic version e.g. brochures, magazines, fliers, documentaries, audio etc.
- Review and update the news content on the Authority’s website and participate on the Authority’s online discussion forums.
- Guide management on communication issues and strategies
- Propose and implement strategies to enhance the image of the Authority.
- Promote Public Awareness of PPDA Mandate
- Actively monitor and evaluate all publicity and communications initiatives of the Authority
- Coordinate internal communication workshops and media training for staff.
- Render support in preparing organizational documents such as annual reports, corporate profiles and submissions.
- Enhance internal and External Communication in PPDA.
- Build and grow public awareness of the Authority’s mandate.
- Strengthen and build key linkages with stakeholders
- Write speeches, prepare visual aids and make public presentations on communication interventions at stakeholder forums.
- Respond to inquiries from the public, media and other organizations.
- Actively coordinate interviews with journalists, prepare and distribute news releases and issue statements to the media in consultation with the Executive Director.
- Identify and coordinate corporate social responsibility activities for the Authority as a measure of giving back to society
- Perform any other duty that may be assigned by the Executive Director
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should preferably hold an Honours Degree in Mass Communication or Journalism from a recognised university. Possession of a post graduate qualification in Mass communication, Public relations or any related discipline.
- Membership of the Public Relations Association of Uganda (PRAU) is a requirement
- Professional qualification in communications will be an added advantage.
- At least five years of relevant experience in public relations, media relations or communications from a reputable organization.
- Credits in both Math and English at O’ Level.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent oral presentation and public speaking abilities.
- Good networking, negotiation and communication skills.
- Result and team oriented individual
- Possess the ability to organize and manage a busy workload
- Pro-active and flexible and able to act on initiative with minimal supervision
- Competency at using basic Microsoft office software including word, excel, PowerPoint
- Personal good image with regard to integrity, confidence and grooming.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and multi-cultural awareness.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their hard copy applications with envelopes clearly marked “Application for Senior Public Relations Officer” to the address below;
The Executive Director,
Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Authority,
Plot 37 Nakasero Road, UEDCL Tower 5th Floor,
P.O Box 3925
The complete application must include A detailed CV with three professional references and a hand-written application letter, copies of academic certificates and 2 current photographs of the applicant.
Deadline: 15th May 2015 by 5.00 p.m.