Senior Research Associate
[ Type: FULL TIME, Industry: Nonprofit, and NGO, Category: Social Services & Nonprofit]
Deadline of this Job:
Friday 7th June 2019
Within Uganda, Kampala, East Africa
Date Posted: 27th May 2019, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
BRAC is a global leader in creating large-scale opportunities for the poor. Founded in Bangladesh in 1972, it is now one of the world’s largest development organizations, touching the lives of an estimated 138 million people in 11 countries across Asia and Africa. For more information please visit BRAC’s website, www.brac.net. BRAC Uganda invites suitably qualified Ugandan and international applicants to fill up the following available vacant positions.
Independent Evaluation & Research Cell The Research and Evaluation Unit supports BRAC in designing development programs, assessing progress, documenting achievements, and undertaking rigorous evaluations of its interventions, which cover diverse dimensions of development including microfinance, agriculture, education and health. The Research and Evaluation Unit works with development and academic partners to evaluate approaches to solving development problems, to communicate what works and does not work in development, and to scale up successful projects.
Job Title: Senior Research Associate
Location: Country Office – Nsambya.
Core Roles and Responsibilities
• Manage research Projects as project lead.
• Contribute to research protocol and tools design in discussion with pls
• Research Protocol Planning and Implementation.
• Communicate with beneficiaries, Local stakeholders, Brac and Pls.
• Data Analysis writing papers and publication.
• Dissemination and inputs to programme design.
Required Qualifications and Skills
• Bachelors Degree in Economics, Development Studies, Social Sciences, Public Health, Statistics or any other related subject (No Testimonial allowed).
• At least 4 years of relevant experience in research and evaluation, data analysis, statistics, research communication, development management, or research capacity on related issues.
• Good knowledge/skill in mix methods of research -— quantitative, RCT, qualitative
• Experienced and skilled in data analysis and interpretation of data.
• Knowledge of computer analysis packages such as STATA, NVivo, Atlas ti, SPSS.
• Advanced writing skills for research proposals and reports.
• Knowledge of digital data management like ODK/SurveyCTO, recorders, is added advantage.
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree
Job Experience Requirements: 4 years
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should send their Application & CV by email to email@example.com . The subject must be the name of the position applied for strictly.
Only complete applications will be accepted and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline: Friday 7th June 2019.
BRAC is an equal opportunities employer