Job Title: Senior Specialist – Cyber Crime
Organisation: MTN Uganda Limited
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Manager-Forensic Services
MTN-Uganda is the leading telecommunications Company in Uganda, providing payphone, fixed lines, fax/data, internet and mobile services.
Job Summary: The cybercrime specialist will be tasked with identifying, extracting, analyzing, uncovering and reporting on evidence of specific crimes, or advising on the development of new fraud prevention systems and protocols for both GSM and Fintech Technology areas.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out cyber-crime assessments through identification and evaluation of cyber risks within the Fintech and GSM environment.
- Working with Fraud and Financial Crime teams, directing the analysis of large datasets linked to cyber-financial cases to prevent and detect cyber-attacks against the Business.
- Assisting in the development of an optimized operating model between Cybercrime, Internal fraud , Subscriber fraud and Financial Crime teams
- Supporting with the dissemination of timely and concise intelligence to relevant teams across the GSM and Fintech environments.
- They will be well informed of the most common cybercrime typologies and threats and are obligated to constantly upgrade both their technical and criminal behavior expertise.
- Perform GSM and Fintech cybercrime investigations
- Perform root cause analysis of fraud incidents, facilitation of agreed actions to ensure required improvement or resolution of weaknesses
- Implement and maintain Cyber investigation standards in accordance with best practice.
- Assess Fraud trends and identify best practice in relation to fraud prevention
- Appropriately plan and scope Fintech and GSM cybercrime investigations to ensure adequate focus on key investigation areas
- Coordinate and carry out cybercrime prevention training and awareness for Telco and Fintech staff.
- Plan and coordinate the effective use of proactive data analytics, including Continuous Controls review. Experience working with and writing scripts in SQL and ACL exchange desirable
- Communicate the results of forensic investigations, via written reports and oral presentations to management
- Gather, record and securely retain evidence relating to an investigation in accordance with current legislation and codes of practice.
- To maintain confidentiality and discretion in carrying out all duties of the position.
- Track status and prepare periodic summaries of fraud trends as appreciated and from related industry sources to enhance fraud management across the Business
- Continuously assess the MTNU cloud architecture and application designs for security flaws
- Continuously review the MTNU open API framework and ecosystem for potential exploits/flaws
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Telecommunications Engineering, Information Technology or Statistics
- Professional qualification in Forensics/Fraud examination CFE, CFCE, CHFI, GCFA, CISM, CISA, CISSP, CEH.
- Experience in using digital forensics software e.g Encase, FTK
- Certification in Encase DF120-Digital Forensics Foundation
- Certification in Encase DF240-Building an investigation
- Experience in use of CAATs Preferably ACL
- Technical working experience in the Fintech and GSM environment
- At least five years’ experience covering Fraud Detection, Prevention and Investigations
- At least three years’ experience using Analytics techniques and tools i.e. Big Data analytics
- Experience in penetration testing and cybercrime investigations
- Experience in high transaction digital environments
- Proven ability to identify and analyse cybercrime and forgery trends
- Previous exposure and experience using digital forensics software eg Encase
- Strong analytical skills;
- Excellent Interview, interrogation and listening skills
- Data mining, extraction and analytics
- Prior practical experience in cybercrime reviews and investigations
- Practical experience in penetration testing
- Experience in collecting and analyzing complex data, evaluating information and systems, and drawing logical conclusions.
- Strategic understanding of the Telecommunications environment including Fintech.
- Effective oral, presentation and written communication skills.
- Exemplary Planning and Time Management skills.
- Must have attention to detail.
- Possess strategic thinking abilities
- Mature persona with the highest degree of integrity, honesty and trust
- High levels of confidentiality, Proven planning and organizational skills
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure while meeting multiple deadlines.
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join MTN Uganda Limited in this capacity should apply online
Deadline: 22nd June 2022