Job Title: Service Desk Analyst (Fresher A’ Level Jobs)
Organisation: United States US Embassy, US Mission in Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Salary: UGX 50,500,012 /=
Open to: All Interested Applicants / All Sources
Position Number: Kampala-2020-037
About US Embassy:
The United States Embassy in Kampala, Uganda has enjoyed diplomatic relations with Uganda for over 30 years. Ambassador Natalie E. Brown currently heads the U.S Mission to Uganda. The Mission is composed of several offices and organizations all working under the auspices of the Embassy and at the direction of the Ambassador.
Among the offices operating under the U.S Mission to Uganda are:
- United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- Peace Corps
Job Summary: The Service Desk Analyst (SDA) provides first level support to over 441 customers and works under the direct supervision of the Information Systems Officer. The SDA is responsible for front-line response to both internal and external customer queries, both in person at the service desk and through remote channels such as telephone, email, chat, and self-service request forms. In addition to IT-related calls, the SDA performs ticket triage, and handles resulting incidents and service requests using the incident management and request fulfillment processes in line with ICASS targets and objectives.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
· The applicants for the United States US Embassy Service Desk Analyst job opportunity should have completed secondary school (O and A Level). Required.
· A minimum of two years of prior experience in the management and use of information systems including IT call center /customer service experience is required.
· Comprehensive knowledge of Local Area Networks support methodologies; IT troubleshooting techniques, in-depth knowledge of personal computers, peripherals, wireless internet hardware and smart phone configuration
· The incumbent must have excellent interpersonal and communications skills to work effectively with internal and external contacts at all levels.
· Must have excellent organizational and planning skills.
· Must possess advanced skills in MS Office software programs (Outlook, Word, and Excel), both for their own work and to answer questions for other employees.
· Must be able to type accurately at a good working speed. and initiative is required.
· Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
· Language: English Level IV (Fluent) reading/writing/speaking is required.
How to Apply:
All those interested in working with the US mission in Kampala should send their applications online at the link below.
Deadline: 11th December 2020