Job Title: SME Relationship Officer
Organization: Finance Trust Bank (FTB)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Branch Manager
Finance Trust Bank is licensed as a Tier 1 Commercial Bank after taking over the financial services business of Uganda Finance Trust Limited (MDI). Finance Trust Bank is a fully-fledged commercial bank serving a clientele of over 400,000 depositors and over 23,000’ borrowers, through a network of 36 branches countrywide. The bank offers a variety of Products and services including; Savings, Current accounts, Loans, Money transfer services and Bills payments to its target market which comprises of micro, small and medium entrepreneurs, salary earners and youth.
Job Summary: The SME Relationship Officer will mobilize, identify and appraise potential SME clients and manage the relationships for growth and profitability in accordance with the banks policies and procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify, mobilize and convert SMEs into full banking relationships with FTB.
- Effectively manage SME customer relationships and maintain deposits volumes covering your loan portfolio by at least 100%.
- Identify, appraise and assess potential SME borrowers for credit worthiness in line with the credit policy and procedures.
- Grow and maintain a quality SME asset book in line with the bank’s policies and procedures.
- Prepare credit files, complete with accurate and valid information and present your recommendations to the credit committee for further considerations/approval in line with credit policy and procedures.
- Manage delinquency through close monitoring of all loans in your portfolio including timely follow-up of loans falling due for payment and ensure documented follow-up on the loan file.
- Closely monitor overdraft accounts for proper utilization in line with the approved terms and conditions and closely follow up hard-core usages to ensure timely regularization or restructuring.
- Evaluate, prepare and recommend requests for un cleared effects in line with the un cleared effects policy and procedures
- Be responsible for all off- balance sheet business in the designated branch ensuring timely processing and issuance of the facilities and monitoring of their maturities.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Finance Trust Bank (FTB) SME Relationship Officer job opportunity should hold a bachelor’s degree in a business related field from a Recognized University.
- A minimum of two years of work experience in the position of Credit Officer in a financial institution.
- Demonstrated work experience in Credit Management with an average SME loan portfolio volume of more than 800 million
- Excellent Sales and Client relationship skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills with the ability to network and generate new business
- Sound knowledge of Banking business, operations and products.
- Have high integrity levels and utmost confidentiality of information.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should address their applications to Head, Human Resource, Finance Trust Bank, Plot 115 & 121, Katwe. P.O. Box 6972, Kampala, Uganda, and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org as well as photocopies of academic testimonials, a CV with at least three reference contacts, including the most recent employer, and telephone number.
Deadline: 26th October 2018