The Diocese has been under the leadership of the Tororo Arch Bishop, Rev.Emmanuel Obbo who has been acting as the administrator since 2014.
In a press release signed by Fr. Alfred Rayan D’souza, the apostolic Nunciature lauded Rev Obbo for his Selfless service at the diocese in the time of utmost need of leadership.
“He will remain as Apostolic Administrator of Soroti until the day of the canonical possession by the new Bishop,” the press release read.
Rev. Joseph Eciru Biography
- Bishop Eciru was born on August 11, 1970 and had his primary studies from Gweri.
- He went to St. Peters Minor Seminary in Soroti for his O-level and St Pius X Seminary, Tororo for A-level.
- He studied philosophical and theological studies at St.Thomas Aquiras Major Seminary, Katigondo and St. Paul’s national seminary, Kinyamasika in Fortportal respectively.
- The Bishop also holds a licentiate in sacred scripturing from Pontificial Biblical Institute in Rome
- Rev. Eciru has served as teacher at St Peter’s Seminary and Assistant at St Patrick’s parish as well as Formator at St. Paul’s Major seminary.
Prior to his election as Bishop, Rev. Eciru has been acting as a professor at the reknown St. Marys national major seminary in Ggaba.