Job Title: Tax Consultant
Duty Station: 3rd Floor Rwenzori House, 1 Lumumba Avenue, Kampala, Uganda
Deloitte is a leading provider of world-class professional services dedicated to providing value added solutions to our clients. We take pride in our reputation for providing a globally consistent quality service, an integrated approach and world-class expertise. Deloitte is renowned for its innovative and collaborative culture, where talented people work closely with like-minded individuals to achieve collective success.
Job Summary: The Tax Consultant will ensure that the client and Firm’s expectations are met by delivering high quality services and maintaining high utilisation levels.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsibility for client portfolio and ensuring that matters pertaining to the client are dealt with or brought to the attention of the Manager;
- Ensure that all client assignments are carried out to the required standards, within agreed time and financial budgets and in adherence to the Firm’s approved procedures and methodologies;
- Assist and advise clients regarding taxation and regulatory matters in Uganda;
- Involvement in advisory, consulting and tax compliance work;
- Manage fieldwork and team to ensure deliverables are completed and initial review done before manager review;
- Be involved in drafting correspondences to Revenue Authority and clarifying any matters arising regarding clients assignments;
- Develop and manage business relationships with client personal and other regulatory bodies such as the Tax Authorities for effective client service;
- Keep abreast with technical developments in the profession and the country in order to anticipate client needs, and offer value added and practical business solutions;
- Leverage knowledge and contribute to proper knowledge management within the department including training for self and other members;
- Supervise and coach junior team members; and assist with departmental administration tasks, which may include but are not limited to: risk processes, billings and collections, file management.
Key Performance Areas
- Strategic Impact
- Budgets / Profitability
- Core Technical/Professional
- Tax laws and rules.
- Delivery excellence.
- Analytical thinking and problem solving.
- Technology tools and solutions
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Deloitte Tax Consultant career placement must hold a Second Class Degree in Taxation, Accounting, Finance, International Business Management, Law or Economics or any other relevant field;
- Additional professional credentials preferred (such as CPA, ACCA, CIMA, CA, ADIT industrial or other professional certifications that denote specific technical, business, or industry qualifications relevant to the required area of work) will be an added advantage;
- Have a 1st Grade in ‘O’ Level or equivalent;
- At least five (5) years of professional experience with not less than three (3) most recent ones in tax practice in a professional services firms/ Revenue Authority/ Industry;
- Team and result oriented and able to team tight deadlines;
- Strong interpersonal communication skills;
- Strong analytical thinking, attention to detail, organizational skills and work ethic;
- Be willing to work with limited supervision and learn new skills quickly;
- Have an open, creative, enthusiastic and flexible mind set; and,
- Be a Ugandan citizen.
How to Apply:
All candidates are encouraged to apply online through Deloitte East Africa Careers portal at the link below.
Deadline: 26th September 2019.
NB: We are an equal opportunity employer and do not ask individuals to pay any fees or money as part of the recruitment process.