Job Title: Taxation Accounts Officer (Fresher Jobs)
Organisation: Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Job Code: TAOFA – X001
Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is an independently governed institute within the College of Health Sciences at Makerere University and has the mission “To strengthen health systems in Africa, with a strong emphasis on infectious diseases, through research and capacity development.” IDI has operations across Uganda as well as in a number of other African countries and has a staffing of over 1,000 managing multiple projects in research, clinical services, public health and training.
Job Summary: The Taxation Accounts Officer is responsible for timely and accurate processing of project transactions; assisting with preparation of timely and accurate project financial reports and invoices; receivables management and applying project closeout procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyse of mobile money expenditure assessing and summarizing all the applicable tax categories (WHT, PAYE, VAT & LST plus Statutory contribution NSSF) per program / project for the past five years (FY2017/2018, FY201/20819, FY2019/2020, FY2020/2021 and, FY2021/2022)
- Compute and advise of the appropriate tax obligations assessed in period under review.
- Discuss with management on a weekly basis on the deliverables status and advise on the way forward
- Support the management in preparation of tax obligation and amendment of returns for the related periods
- And any other duties as may reasonably be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor of Accounting or Business Administration (BBA), Finance or related field from a reputable Institution/University.
- Two years of experience in Tax management with knowledge of Uganda taxation rules and regulation and compliancy management.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Excellent Organizational Skills.
- Proficient Communication Skills.
- Effective Problem-solving.
- Assessment & Interpretation.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 22nd July 2022