Job Title: Secondary & BTVET Teachers’ Training Coordinator
The Project “improving the Training of BTVET Technical Teachers, instructors & Health Tutors, and Secondary Teachers in Uganda – UGA 09 020 11” is implemented by the Ministry of Education & Sports and the Belgian Development Agency (BTC) in four teacher training institutions.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Offer specialist knowledge on active teaching & learning approaches and on institutional development of teacher training institutions for the design and strategic planning of the project pedagogic and institutional development activities
- Actively facilitate the organization, implementation and monitoring of the project pedagogic and institutional development activities in the project-supported colleges as per approved strategies and work plans
- Take part in workshops, field visits, coordination and monitoring exercises and other events as per approved work plans
- Actively participate to the project Monitoring for Results activities (preparation and analysis of results)
- Steer the dissemination of successes and good practices to other colleges, including institutions not supported by the project.
- Ensure the liaison between the project and the management of Mulago Health Tutors College for the implementation of the project pedagogic and institutional development activities as per approved work plans
- Ensure timely reporting and capitalization of project documents
- Perform any other tasks that may be prescribed from time to time, necessary to reach the project objectives.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a good Master’s degree in Education
- Five or more years’ experience in delivery of competence-based trainings to instructors/ tutors of BTVET institutions
- At least 5 years of experience in college academic management, preferably in a BTVET institution
- The jobholder should be competent and possess expertise in Active Teaching & Learning (ATL) methodologies
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills
- Fluent in English
- Ability to bear stress and having no objection to working overtime
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are strongly encouraged to send a motivation letter, updated CV, copies of academic/professional certificates and at least three recent professional references: – In a sealed envelope addressed to: TTE Project, Hannah Nayoga, Legacy Towers, Kyadondo Road, Kampala.
Deadline: 7th November, 2014 by 16:00 hours