Vacancy title: Technical Advisor
Type: FULL TIME
Industry: Nonprofit, and NGO
Category: Admin & Office
Jobs at: GIZ
Deadline of this Job: 07 February 2021
Duty Station: Within Uganda , Gulu , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, January 22, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Natural Resources Stewardship Programme Natural, enable management of natural resources. Natures funded by the European Union, the German Federal aims to strengthen and support local public private civil Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development BMZ society partnerships to dress shared natural resource and the UK Foreign Commonwealth & Development Office thread, while capitalizing on synergies/opportunities and (FCDOI. is implemented by Deutsche Gesellschaft fut! in proving towardship at walo Put simply stewardship is Internationale Zusammenarbeit GmbH (GIZ) Natures about taking care of common resource that is important to primates multi-stakeholder collective action for more everyone Nates currently operates in Ethiopia, Tanzania, advisor to support the momentation of Natuites Partnerships in Gulu with a focus on catchment management and solid was management Working with specific businesses, polovint Government Ministries, local Avernes, Orentaries and cos in the water and environment sector, you will work with a team of Advisors who are based in Kampala and a local team based 1 in Gulu to establish and implement partnerships with government, business, and local CSOs through value chain development, innovative and inclusive business case development behavior change campaigns (BOCI, and Strategic investments in Gulu City Council.
Job title: Technical Advisor
Reports to: Natures Uganda Country Coordinator
Job Location: Gulu- Uganda
Contract duration: March- December 2021 and extension to 2023
Ref. No: GZ Nature/TA/0121031 .
Technical Advisor will be in charge of:
• Leading the establishment and technical Implementation of a Natural Resource Stewardship (Natures) partnership in Gulu Clay Council Leading the establishment, development and implementation of all aspects of partnerships with the private sector, chil society and the relevant governmental authorities
• Leading the identification and initiation of partnership activities, including value chain opportunities with the private Stor; supporting community engagement, catchment restoration activities, solid waste management, activities, behaviour chance activities and policy developments.
• Supporting knowledge management as well 25 good public relations and documentation both in Uganda and in cooperation with GIZ Headquarters
• Represent the Nates Programme in Gulu
• Supporting the NatuRAS Gulu Office in administrative issues as and of when need arises
• Implement the monitoring, evaluation (M&E) and reporting activities for Natures partnerships in Gulu
Technical Advisor also performs the following tasks:
Advising the partners
• Assists and monitors the development and Implementation of partnership plans and activities in close consultation with counterparts.
• Contributes to preparing and implementing the coordination process, into activities and work at the recons level as needed.
• Deals with the design, preparation and implementation of workshops, seminars and other ones issues connected with the project programme’s area of activity
• Develop and organises quality assurance measures and suggests necessary changes, improvements and initiatives
Networking and cooperation
• Supports cooperation, regular contact and dialogue with partners, assists with PR work! and cooperates with local communities, relevant organisations, non-governmental agencies and individuals in the project/programme environment and with her press to improve and maintain good working relationships.
• Communicates low interests and efforts, forwards these and encourages sharing ideas and information for the benefit of the project/programme
• Ensures knowledge transfer to project/programme partners.
• Develops ready to use strategies and technical concepts, including guidelines, Manuals and procedures.
• Craws up reports and presentation documents
• Prepares appropriate input for various project/programme reports Including annual reports, and contributes to the other reports required by the programme manager and GLZ Head Office
• Assists with research activities and studies on issues which benefit joint programmes
• Assists with general project planning and develops project concepts including preparation, organisation and moderation of planning exercises and their implementation management, monitoring quality management, evaluation, communication and documentation
• Coordinates relevant project activities at local level in consultation with the Natures Kampala-based team and in cooperation with the partners, both as regards implementation and preparing organisational aspects.
• Compiles the relevant information for joint activities and assignments.
• Handles order management on behalf of GIZ (e. after preparation, impact monitoring
Other Duties/Additional Tasks
Carries out our tasks at the request of the superior.
• Master’s degree in technical sciences/ engineering (water sources, environmental science, environmental governance or related fields.
• At least 5 years of relevant professional working experience within the water and
• Strong relationship management and business engagement skis especially with Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs), as well as working experience establishing and managing Public Private Partnerships.
• Experience in working for Non-Government Organisations, International Organizations and/ or Donor Agencies Excellent organisational and analytical skills and ability to work well under pressure and with minimum supervision. A self-starter.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to mediate between conflicting interests
• Experience in working with Govern agencies or local government and local
• Previous experience with donor reporting especially the European Union is an asset
Other knowledge, additional competences
• Strong computer skills (e. MS Office, databases)
• Ability to effectively transfer skills and knowledge Openness to share information and knowledge excellent communicator
• Team player in multi-cultural and interdisciplinary team
• Excellent written and oral English skills knowledge of Acholi language is an added advantage. Ability to think outside the box” regarding environmental solutions for the public and private sector
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
All interested and qualified persons are strongly encouraged to apply by email to [email protected]
Applications and CVs should be in one document and a maximum of 5 pages only. Please include name and contact of three references in the CVs. Please quote the position and reference number in the subject line. Applications should be received by 5.00pm on the 7th February 2021.
Please note: This is a national position, Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted we encourage women, people with disabilities and minority groups to apply for this position.
GIZ is committed to equal opportunities and diversity of perspective at the working place.