Job Title: Technology Associate
Organisation: New Energy Nexus Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Salary: UGX 3,800,000 to 4,200,000 /=
About US: ENVenture, operating as New Energy Nexus Uganda, is a Ugandan-registered company that empowers rural organizations to learn business skills to launch sustainable clean energy enterprises. ENVenture is a program of New Energy Nexus, an international non-profit that supports clean energy entrepreneurs with funds, accelerators, and networks. ENVenture has developed a web-based application to enable entrepreneurs to be able to transition from a paper-based system of tracking business records to enable our entrepreneurs to keep records whose data will help make more informed decisions. The application will go a long way to improve the performance and sustainability of the entrepreneurs that ENVenture supports.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: Reporting to the Country Director, the Technology Associate will be responsible for:
- Web applications for the ENVenture team and Community-Based Organizations (CBOs) in data, payment, and sales tracking.
- Helping to conduct user research and set product roadmap
- Ensure a high uptake and usage of the app by our existing and new CBOs
- Maintaining app product roadmap
- Recommending interface changes and working with developers
- Supporting fundraising team on communicating the application and its impacts
- Managing other technology solutions to improve operational efficiencies, including but not limited to:
- Remote field management
- Loan Management Software
- Systematizing impact measurement
- Administering cloud-based reporting tools (Salesforce, Box, Google Drive, Awamu, etc.)
Technology Strategy (34%)
- Prepare proposals and strategy for senior leadership on technology products ENVenture should invest in for efficiency.
- Develop and support our e-learning platforms in collaboration with our Head of Fellows.
- Determine gaps within the organization and where technology can encourage operational efficiency.
- Determine our user base’s technology needs and perform research to guide on how the application can solve their pain points.
- Conduct internal training on software being implemented for the team.
- System administrator for all technology platforms and monitor to determine uptake and usage among ENVenture CBOs. Troubleshoot low-usage.
- Write and document processes and create workstreams and flows for the team.
- Develop and lead the user adoption strategy for the application.
Product management (33%)
- Prepare proposals and strategy for senior leadership on the application and ENVision mobile’s product roadmap.
- Lead on approved roadmap with developers and product management.
- Support partners using ENVision mobile, our open source mobile app, as well as other open source platforms to foster product roadmap.
- Maintain technical guides for all products developed.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- This position requires the ability to multi-task and wear many hats in a start-up environment, and be comfortable making decisions. This position is not closely supervised and a degree of self-direction and entrepreneurialism is needed.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred in computer science, design, business, business computing or any IT-related discipline.
- At least four years’ experience in managing technology products.
- Thrive in a startup environment and on delivering results with limited resources.
- Passion and enthusiasm for mission-oriented work.
- Exceptional English writing and oratory skills.
- Tech-savviness (ability to operate all Microsoft Office and Google Suite applications, such as Word, PowerPoint, and Excel). Ability to use Skype, email, WhatsApp, Messenger, and other meeting software on a regular basis.
- Ability to work with rural based entrepreneurs
- Ability to offer hands on training to low tech entrepreneurs
- Willingness to support CBOs as and when they contact him or her on issues related to our apps.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Similar experience is desired, but not a must. Ugandan nationals are preferred.
Benefits: Remuneration will be in the form of 3,800,000 to 4,200,000 USh grossly. ENVenture is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates are encouraged to apply. How to Apply: All candidates should apply online at the link below. Click Here