Job Title: Travel Assistant (UN Jobs)
Organisation: United Nations Regional Service Centre in Entebbe (RSCE)
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
Reports to: Travel Service Line Manager
Job Opening Number: 22-Administration-RSCE-180134-R-Entebbe (R)
The Regional Service Centre in Entebbe, Uganda (RSCE) was established in July 2010, following the adoption of General Assembly resolution 64/269. The Centre provides efficient, client-oriented and scalable services with the goal of moving transactional, non-location dependent administrative functions to the Centre from its client entities. This includes transactional elements of human resources, finance, multimodal movement and control, personnel and cargo transport and information and communications technology (ICT) support.
Job Summary: The focus of the position is to provide Travel related services within the Service Delivery model of the RSCE. The post provides guidance and direction to the relevant service delivery area with regard to travel related issues and processes.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: On behalf of the Service Line, the Travel Assistant supports the Centre as follows:
- Calculates air fare, excess baggage entitlements, terminal expenses, daily subsistence allowance for staff and dependents traveling on missions, etc.
- Calculates airfare for requested destinations, lump sum, and costs for shipment of personal effects.
- Processes DSA advance; and expense reports.
- Provides information to staff and consultants on the most direct and economical route, and plans routings, and itineraries plus the most economical airfare rates for such travel as permitted by rules and regulations.
- Provides information on rates and travel schedules for specific itineraries. Advises on t ravel issues. Replies to queries to clients.
- Contacts airlines or travel agency to makes reservations at least expensive fares, and requests issuance of tickets.
- Arranges tickets for official and training travel; arranges tickets and cargo pace for repatriation of Human remains; Arranges tickets for medical evacuation.
- Advises substantive offices, travelers, and other relevant staff of arrival information, requesting arrangement to be made accordingly for traveler.
- Creates work orders in iNeed, monitors work orders, and provides daily reports on ageing analysis. Closes work orders in iNeed.
- Checks entitlements eligibility, approves entitlement leave, calculation of points according to cycles, post travel management, update of leave card, and compilation of staff benefits accruals.
- Processes entitlement travel service as requested by client missions and RSCE Staff.
- Approves payments in UMOJA; monitors payments activities, provides feedback to clients on payments made.
- Performs other duties as required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the United Nations Regional Service Centre in Entebbe (RSCE) Travel Assistant job vacancy must hold a High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Additionally IATA certification in Fares and Ticketing is required. A test or examination in [field of the test / examination, including the GGST for the general service, if applicable] is required.
- At least five years of progressively responsible experience in travel management, administrative services or related area is required.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software e.g. Umoja or similar is required.
- Experience in application of United Nations or similar international organization Staff Rules and Regulations in an operational environment is desirable.
- Experience in a shared service center is desirable.
- Languages: fluency in English is required.
- Professionalism: Shows pride in work and in achievements. Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter. Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns. Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.
- Planning and organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies. Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required. Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work. Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning. Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary. Uses time efficiently.
- Client orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view. Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect. Identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions. Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems. Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects. Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the United Nations should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 9th June 2022