Job Title: Data Officer (2 Job Opportunities)
Organization: Straight Talk Foundation (STF)
Duty Station: Kampala and Kitgum, Uganda
Straight Talk Foundation (STF) is a health communications National Non-Governmental Organisation that was founded in 1993. For the past 25 years it has been the leading provider of various social and behavior change communication programs to various stakeholders in Uganda. The organization has immense experience in the use of modern communication program approaches in addressing diverse health and development issues. STF implements activities through print, radio and face to face communication. Its programs and interventions target young people as its primary audience, while parents and teachers are its secondary audience. STF utilises highly effective behaviour change communication models and combines mass media and face to face community outreach and mobilization programs.
Job Summary: The Data Officer will review and enter incoming data collected from the field into the different databases. The incumbent will also ensure that data is in-put and updated properly as well as support in analyzing and producing periodic reports generated from the database. The position holder will technically help the M&E officer in carrying out related M&E tasks periodically.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Data Officer will review and verify data project tools for accuracy and completeness
- The incumbent will also ensure that data is appropriately entered in the data bases
- Ensure accuracy and reliability of the data captured by carrying out data validation
- Conduct data analysis and provide relevant statistics for specific user needs
- The incumbent will also ensure the database’s safety
- Training data collectors on how to fill project tools
- Supporting monitoring and evaluation processes for different STF projects
- Participate in conducting research on relevant topics
- Participate in building capacity of STFs staffs and stakeholders in monitoring and evaluation
- Perform regular quality assurance checks on programme and project activities in line with programme/project objectives, standards and M&E frameworks
- Actively participate in report compilation for both internal and external purposes
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Straight Talk Foundation (STF) Data Officer job placement must hold a Bachelor’s degree in demography, social science, public health or statistics with further training in monitoring and evaluation.
- Three years’ experience in data entry, database management and other M&E tasks
- Knowledge of Logical framework approach and other strategic planning approaches
- Sound background of research methodologies
- Knowledge on M&E participatory approaches
- Data analysis packages like STATA, SPSS, EPI DATA, EPINFO, MS Access…
- Self-motivated, with good judgment and initiative, and the ability to work with others
- Excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills
- Able to prioritize and achieve results through collaboration
- Understanding of humanitarian principles, as well as gender, protection, social or human vulnerability issues
- Cultural sensitive and curious about other perspectives
- Strong capacity to handle complex tasks independently
- Ability to work in a collaborative manner with multiple stakeholders at various levels from international to national, sub-national and community levels
How to Apply:
All candidates are encourages to apply online with a copy of updated CV and a cover letter (attached as one document) indicating three professional referees addressed to;
The Human Resource & Administration Manager
Straight Talk Foundation
Plot 4, Acacia Avenue, Kololo,
P.O Box 22366, Kampala. Uganda
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the position applied for in the subject line.
Deadline: 19th October 2018 by 05:00pm Ugandan Time.