Job Title: Office Administrator (2 Fresher Career Jobs)
Organization: Uganda Electricity Generation Company Ltd (UEGCL)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Projects Manager
Uganda Electricity Generation Company Ltd was incorporated in March 2001 under the Companies Act, 2012 on the basis of the Public Enterprises Reform and Divestiture Act, Cap 98 and Electricity Act, Cap 145. UEGCL is wholly owned by the Government of the Republic of Uganda. UEGCL’s key role is to – carry on the business of electric power generation and sale within Uganda or for export to neighbouring countries; build, operate and maintain Electricity Generation Plants; monitor the operation and maintenance of its Concessioned Assets – Nalubaale and Kiira Power Stations; provide Technical Support as and when required by the Government of the Republic of Uganda through the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development; Implement Flagship Hydropower Plant Projects of Karuma (600MW) and Isimba (183MW; organize, support, encourage and maintain training facilities in technical and related fields, amongst others.
Job Summary: The Office Administrator will provide secretarial and administrative support to the office of the Project Manager and other Project Staff as need arises.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The incumbent will maintain an orderly and well organised office
· Oversee and facilitate office activities; maintain PM’s schedule and make travel and accommodation arrangements
· Read and analyse incoming mails, memos, submissions, and reports in orders o determine their significance and plan for their distribution
· File and retrieve and maintain site engineering drawings, records, and reports.
· Manage visitors appropriately with good customer care
· Manage petty cash and make accountabilities
· Process all correspondences and draft appropriate responses.
· Maintain safety custody and delivery of confidential documents.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Secretarial Studies, Library and Information Science or Art related field.
· At least a year’s experience as a personal secretary or office administrator, or equivalent to a Senior Manager of a reputable organisation.
· High level of integrity and confidentially
· Good planning, organising, follow-up and feedback skills.
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Good team player
· Decision making skills and ability to work independently
· Excellent communication skills and report writing skills
· Excellent computer skills i.e. proficiency in MS Office
· Discretion and good judgement skills
· Excellent organisational and management skills
· Initiative to explain UEGCL Vision and mission, and Strategic Directions to our Visitors
· Tactical and communication skills in dealing with different people
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications with copies of their academic documents and detailed CVs indicating two referees and their full addresses to:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Uganda Electricity Generation Company Ltd (UEGCL),
3rd Floor, UEDCL Tower,
Plot 37 Nakasero Road,
P.O. Box 75831, Kampala. Uganda
Or to the Company’s branch office
Plot 18-20 Faraday Road, Amberley Estate,
P.O. Box 1101, Jinja Uganda
Deadline: Friday, 6th November, 2015 by 5.00 p.m.
Click here to see more jobs available