Uganda Martyrs University has issued a plan on how the university will complete semester two with online classes (virtually).
On 10th June 2020, Rev. Dr. Christopher B. Mukidi the registrar of UMU issued a letter informing the staff about the possibility of completing second two amidst the covid-19 pandemic.
“Greetings from Uganda Martyrs University. Owing to the COVID-19 Pandemic, it is increasingly becoming clear that face-to-face session at the Main Campus and at all our Campuses may not take place soon. Thus, in view of closing the Second Semester for those who have been studying online or remote means, Management proposed some measures,’’ Rev Dr Mukidi writes.
The proposed plan to finish the second semester includes the following;
- From June up to July 14, 2020 lecturers continue lecturing through online platforms to complete the Second Semester.
- Within the same period, students be given Final Assignments in accordance with the UMU policies for take-home assignments.
- From June 15 up to July 31, 2020 students submit their course works and Final Assignments to their respective lecturers. Final year students who are undertaking research should ensure that they engage with their supervisors and submit their completed dissertations for assessment during this same period.
- With the handing in of Final Assessments by July 31, 2020, the Second Semester will have ended.
- The period of August 1 to August 19, 2020 will be dedicated to marking of Final Assessments.
- From August 20-August 25, 2020 Faculty/School Boards will sit (Virtually) to consider the results for Semester Two.
- Senate will sit August 27, 2020 (Virtually) to receive and consider the results of Semester Two; as well as attend to other businesses that concern the academic life of the University as a whole.
- It is very important to note that students should pay their financial obligations in order for them to have their Final Assessments received, marked and results submitted to the Faculty Board and Senate.
Source ; UMU