Administrative Specialist needed.
Organisation: United States Embassy, US Mission in Uganda
Vacancy Number: 046/2013
Salary Grade: FSN-8 (Ugshs. 38,988,039 to 58,134,949 p.a. inclusive of allowances)
Job Summary: The Administrative Specialist will act as a liaison specialist and representative for the U.S. Army Africa (USARAF) customer service desk located at the U.S. Embassy, Kampala, Uganda. S/he also offers outstanding customer service support to military, Department of Defense (DoD)/Department of the Army (DA), military, civilians, and contractor personnel in need of assistance. The job holder also facilitates the coordination of travel for personnel traveling in support of various USARAF operations and exercises.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Serves as a point of contact for USARAF at the USEMB in Kampala, Uganda. (5%)
- Works issues and responses to requests for information, carrying out daily coordination. Carries out daily coordination and prepares for meetings and visits.
- Communicates the Commander’s position on issues of interest and coordinates with the U.S. Embassy (USEMB) in Kampala.
- Serves as a conduit between USARAF, USEMB in Kampala, and other DoD agencies.
- Establishes and maintains close personal working relationships with Commanders, personnel offices, emergency operations centers (EOC), deployment managers, and other essential points of contact.
- Supervises and oversees the recurring maintenance of Cooperation Security Location (CSL) Site1.
- Coordinates with Ugandan Peoples Defense Force (UPDF), Uganda’s Civil Aviation Authority (CAA), contractors and maintenance personnel accordingly.
- Reports to OSC Chief and provides weekly reports on status of CSL site 1 to USARAF.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
- The candidate should have at least two years college studies in liberal arts/sciences are required.
- At least three years of substantive administrative experience in a medium to large organization or in a project setting, is required.
- Language Requirement: Must be fluent in the English language.
- Good working knowledge of evaluative, planning and analytical processes and techniques to modify existing procedures and implement future requirements or programs;
- Knowledge in applying qualitative and/or quantitative analytical and evaluative methods and techniques to assist in conduct of studies or project that concern the efficiency and effectiveness of programs and practices within the purview of the organization.
- Knowledge of computer applications such as Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Knowledge of pertinent laws, regulations, and policies which affect administrative operations and areas of responsibility.
- Knowledge and understanding of management principles, practices, methods and techniques to perform projects related to management and methods improvement
- Skill in written and oral communication to obtain and provide information related to organizational, administrative and procedural matters, and analytical procedures to modify existing requirements/procedures and implement future requirements or programs.
How to Apply:
All those interested in working with the US mission in Kampala should send their applications and strictly adhere to the following:
Universal Application for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff or Family Member (DS-174) Download it Here.
- A current resume or curriculum vitae.
- Candidates who claim US Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application. Candidates who claim conditional US Veterans preference must submit documentation confirming eligibility for a conditional preference in hiring with their application.
- Any other documentation (e.g. essays, transcripts/certificates, awards) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
Submit Application To:
Human Resources Office
By email at KampalaHR@state.gov
NB: Only electronic submissions will be accepted and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please clearly indicate the position applied for in the subject area of the email submission.
Please use standard file types such as Microsoft Word (.doc) and Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) and please send all documents in one file attachment.
Deadline: 13th November 2013