Job Title: University Bursar
Organisation: Nkumba University
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
Reports to: Vice Chancellor through the University Secretary
Nkumba University is a private chartered University (Legal Notice No. 3 of 2007). The University is strengthening its management and administrative systems to enhance both policy initiation and implementation through recruitment of highly qualified and committed individuals.
Key Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively coordinate the drawing up and managing of the University Budget.
- Maintain and present Books of Accounts of the University in accordance with the Financial Regulations made under the provisions of the University Charter.
- Provide regular financial reports
- Manage and oversee staff in the Finance Department.
- Coordinate the implementation and development of financial and operational management systems.
- Pro-actively coordinate and implement financial policies
- Maintain and update the University’s asset register.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should preferably hold a good Master’s degree in Finance and Accounting or equivalent qualifications.
- Full professional qualification in Accounting and Finance.
- At least five years’ experience in senior administrative /managerial role
- Competency in accounts comprised systems especially Pastel Evolution.
- High degree of personal integrity & leadership skills.
- Creative & innovative.
- Good planning skills
- Financial knowledge and skills.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
How to Apply for the job:
All candidates should send their applications EITHER by e-mail OR hand delivery to the address below. Please endeavor to attach the 8 copies of the following:
- Duly filled application form, Download Here
- Detailed curriculum vitae.
- Copies of certified certificates and transcripts.
- Three sealed letters of reference.
The University Secretary
P.O. Box 237
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 31st October 2014 by 5:00 p.m