The University of Reading is inviting applications for students from India and other developing countries. These opportunities are available for pursuing full-time MPhil/PhD programme or Taught Masters programme in September 2020.
These are available for those holders who are pursuing full-time MPhil/PhD programme or Taught Masters programme. Applicants from ‘developing countries’ are aimed primarily at candidates from Africa and exclude “all Western countries, including most of the European Community, and China/Taiwan”.
The University of Reading is a public university located in Reading, Berkshire, United Kingdom. They provide their candidates with all the help, guidance and development opportunities you need to get the most out of university life.
Why at the University of Reading? The university is one of the top 20 universities in the UK for research intensity, they have a lot to offer if learners who want to undertake research that makes an impact. It was the only university to receive its charter between the two world wars and is, therefore, a red brick university.
- Citizens of India and other developing countries can apply for these grants.
- These are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
- All candidates already holding a Masters degree cannot apply for the Master’s scholarships. Indian candidates already holding a PhD degree cannot apply for the PhD scholarship.
- Candidates must demonstrate financial need, also must possess at least a first-class honours degree from a University or comparable institution
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To participate, the applicants must be complete an online application for admission to a Postgraduate Degree at the University of Reading and hold an offer of admission by the deadline (30 January 2030). After taking admission candidates must complete the electronic form at the bottom of this web page in order to express your interest in being considered for the free study.
- Supporting Documents: No requirement for supporting documents to apply for this free study.
- Admission Requirements: To apply for the program applicants must have a bachelors degree.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must have an International English Language Test Score: 6.5 – 7.5, Test of English as a Foreign Language (internet-based version): 88 – 100, Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English/ Certificate of Advanced English: A – C/ 193-200, Test of English for Educational Purposes: 6.5 – 7.5, Pearson English Test Pearson: 53-67.
These awards cover tuition fees at the international rate and provide a stipend (maintenance grant) to cover living expenses (the current level of which is £14,570). They also provide generous allowances for clothes, books and a return flight home. The awards are available (depending on eligibility) for up to 3 years.