Job Title: Warehouse Co-ordinator
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Warehouse Manager
About US: Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks business with an outstanding collection of beverage alcohol brands across spirits, beer and wine. These brands include Johnnie Walker, Crown Royal, J&B, Windsor, Buchanan’s and Bushmills whiskies, Smirnoff, Ciroc and Ketel One vodkas, Baileys, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and Guinness.
Job Summary: The Warehouse Co-ordinator will be responsible for daily systems and warehouse operations: supervision of loading to trade, shunting Beer from production, invoicing, real time posting, stock reconciliation , tracking of slobs and near expiries , management of all interface transfers and other duties assigned by the line managers.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as the link between logistics and the other internal and external stake holders
- Monitor daily offloading and loading of trucks for Beer and Empties
- Ensure all released sales orders that are locked for billing for both locals, exports and intercompany in SAP accounting software are invoiced and loaded to trade
- Ensure monthly recharges are computed, reviewed, and approved for various handlers and transporters to recover losses as per the contracts
- Ensure daily checking of scrapping of breakages and decants to ensure no breakage losses are hidden in decants and approved for write off.
- Update and maintain billing and invoice records and support documentation, batching and coding for bills by providing relevant approved documents for records and audit purposes.
- Verify and assess all invoices, customer or contract distributors purchase orders and claim before processing and thus the corresponding billed quantities and amounts.
- Prepare daily sales reports and share short interval updates of all warehouse operations.
- Attend to queries, discrepancies and errors raised by customers in line with transactions done and investigating them until resolved
- Ensure monthly stock take is delivered, variances are fully explained, route causes identified and actions to close them are generated
- Prepare all the write off documents for expired beer and spirits products from the warehouse and ensure they are approved for write off.
- Ensure daily stock count for both finished goods and empty crate and glass is performed in compliance with CARM regulations.
- Ensure the system aging of stock is reconciled against physical stock deviations identified and corrections are made
- Liaise with packaging, DHL and any other stakeholder handling stocks to ensure stock management process is smoothly managed.
- Ensure total yard safety is adhered to by 3PLs and all other staff who access the Logistics operations area.
- Check the systems postings to ensure the stock is posted in the right location.
- Carry out daily warehouse hygiene inspections to ensure all warehouses conform to required standard.
- Do daily/weekly& monthly walkabouts a cross all logistics sites.
- Carry out routine safety Audits to ensure all 3PLs are conforming to UBL safety.
- Daily planning and tracking of Beer movement (shunting) to ensure uninterrupted sales
- Attend to all customer complaints that relate to warehouse operations.
- Ensuring stock from production, KBL , IDU and Diageo in the right plants timely are posted to facilitate sales
- Ensure daily reconciliation of stocks (SAP Vs physical) for finished goods across all sites
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a qualification – Logistics or any Business related degree.
- At least four years’ experience in Stocks management and Customer order fulfillment.
How to Apply: If you desire to join the world’s leading premium drinks business, Diageo, in the aforementioned capacity, please click web link below. Click Here