Job Title: Working Committee Manager ‘Knowledge Management
Organization: Welthungerhilfe (WHH)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Welthungerhilfe (WHH), founded in 1962, is today one of the biggest non-governmental aid and development agencies in Germany. The objective of the program in Uganda is to improve livelihoods of the most vulnerable population in rural areas through interventions that increase their Food and Nutrition Security, improve sustainable access to WASH services and support the employability of youth through vocational and life skills training. We understand that livelihoods of the rural population in Uganda have improved in a sustainable way when people are able to meet their basic food needs, have access to clean drinking water and safe sanitation, live in a healthy environment and take up opportunities to earn and diversify a decent income.
The Skill Up! programme aims to enhance the quality and relevance of (non-formal) vocational education and training at multiple political levels by strengthening local partner organisations and networking capacities. The objective is to improve the employability and entrepreneurial ability of vulnerable young people to boost their chances of earning a decent income and improving their quality of life and that of their families and communities.
Job Summary: Welthungerhilfe Country Office is looking for a dynamic and team-oriented Working Committee Manager “Knowledge Management” who can work independently and contribute to further improving the quality of the Skills Development programme in the coming years. The successful candidate will be based in the Country Office in Kampala. The position is to be filled as soon as possible. The expert will lead and coordinate a working committee for knowledge management composed of members from all eight “Skill Up!” programme countries.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supporting the regional and overarching operationalization and development of Skill Up!’s knowledge management and MEAL system
- Providing technical assistance to Skill Up! projects for the development and implementation of programme and country specific knowledge management and M&E strategies and approaches;
- Provision and maintenance of exchange platforms and knowledge management systems;
- Enhancing Skill Up! positioning on sector level in relevant regional, national and global working groups / discussions
- Liaising with relevant external regional stakeholders to identify opportunities, synergies and partnerships for WHH programmes
- Managing the working committee ‘knowledge management’ comprised of staff from all programme countries in both administrative and content-related issued.
- Facilitating regular learning exchange on knowledge management between Skill Up! programme staff and partners in the region.
- Organizing workshops and trainings to build staff knowledge and capacity on MEAL as well as knowledge management tools
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a BSc / MSc in Education, Social Sciences or other relevant courses
- At least 5 to 7 years of relevant working experience in adult education / skills development / TVET programme
- Strong understanding of knowledge management and MEAL systems
- Direct programming and / or policy development experience on the integration of knowledge management and M&E systems for at least one of the following topics: education and skills development, food and nutrition security, agriculture, water and sanitation, livelihoods
- Strong capacity development, facilitation and moderation skills
- Fluent in English (written and oral)
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills
- Skills in training and mentoring
- Experience in representation at national, regional or global knowledge management networks
- Experience developing, implementing and training project staff on new and suitable knowledge and M&E systems
- Experience with leading knowledge exchange between several countries
- Experience with operational research and peer-review writing
- Proficiency in German
How to Apply:
All qualified and interested applicants should upload a PDF document consisting of cover letter (1 page) and CV (max. 3 pages) including three reference contacts via the following links below:
Welthungerhilfe is an equal opportunity employer; qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: Friday 24th April 2020