Job Title: Administrative Associate (A’ Level UN Jobs)
Organisation: United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN WOMEN)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN WOMEN), grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
Job Summary: Reporting to the Women, Peace and Security Analyst, the Administrative Associate supports the Office Operations by performing a variety of standard administrative processes ensuring high quality and accuracy of work. The Administrative Associate promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach. The Administrative Associate works in close collaboration with the Operations, Programme and projects staff team to ensure consistent service delivery and to resolve complex administration related issues and information delivery.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide general administration and operations support to the Uganda Country office in compliance with UN Women rules, regulations, policies, and strategies
- Organize shipments, customs clearance arrangements, and prepare documents for UN Women shipments (received/sent);
- Arrange travel and hotel reservations, prepare travel authorizations, process requests for visas and Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA), identity cards and other documents;
- Provide administrative support to conferences, workshops, retreats;
- Provide administrative support to maintenance of premises and common services, as needed;
- Maintain filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials, as necessary.
Coordinate and organize assets management and procurement processes
- Monitor and maintain office stationery supplies including maintenance of stock list of stationery, distribution of stationery and keeping a log of distribution;
- Coordinate assets management in the office, prepare and submit periodic inventory reports, coordinate physical verification of inventory items;
- Provide inputs to the preparation of procurement plans for the office and monitor their implementation;
- Generate procurement related reports; research and draft responses to enquiries;
- Review procurement requests and initiate procurement procedures for office and project equipment, supplies and services;
- Organize procurement activities and processes, including preparation and conduct of Request for Quotations, Invitations to Bid or Requests for Proposals, the opening and evaluation of tenders;
- Coordinate contract negotiations, prepare request for award of contract for the review and approval of relevant authorities, as required;
- Prepare Purchase Orders (PO) and contracts in and outside Atlas, create vendor profiles in Atlas;
- Review procurement processes conducted by projects; submissions to the Procurement Review Committee.
Coordinate and organize administrative Human Resources services
- Create and upload vacancy announcements and organize interview panels;
- Maintain staffing lists and reports;
- Assume overall responsibility for attendance and leave management monitoring;
- Provide support in personnel administration for international and national staff as appropriate (e.g. renewal of UNLPs, visas; extension of contracts, administration of national benefits and allowances; administration of home leave entitlements);
- Prepare staffing/personnel related reports; research and draft responses to enquiries for clearance by the Operations Manager.
Provide administrative support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Provide administrative support in the organization of trainings for the operations/ projects staff on administrative related matters;
- Compile lessons learnt and best practices in administration, procurement, and human resources.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN WOMEN) Administrative Associate job must have completed secondary education.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Public Administration or related fields is an asset.
- A minimum of six years of progressively responsible experience in administration, procurement, HR, or logistic support service;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.);
- Experience in the Women, Peace and Security and Humanitarian Action is an asset;
- Experience in the use of ATLAS is an asset.
- Language Requirements: Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Ability to administer and execute administrative processes and transactions;
- Ability to perform work of confidential nature and handle a large volume of work;
- Strong knowledge of administrative rules and regulations;
- Strong IT and web based management skills;
- Ability to extract and interpret data
- Good knowledge of Women, Peace and Security and Humanitarian Action
How to Apply:
All interested qualified candidates must apply online by latest by 14th April 2023 . Candidates should submit one PDF File attachment containing:
- UN Women P11 dully filled form with at least three (3) professional references (UN Women Personal History Form (P11), can be downloaded at: http://www.unwomen.org/about-us/employment;
- Kindly note that the system will only allow one PDF attachment. Applications without the completed UN Women P-11 form will be treated as incomplete and will not be considered for further assessment.
Deadline: 14th April 2023
Post Views: 169