With its development-oriented postgraduate study programs, DAAD Development promotes the training of specialists of new industrial countries.
Why at DAAD- The DAAD supports over 100,000 German and international candidates and researchers around the globe each year – making it the world’s largest funding organization of its kind.
- All international applicants from around the world are eligible to apply.
- The subjects will be for pursuing development-related postgraduate courses.
- To be eligible, the students must meet all the given criteria:
- The applicants must be Graduates with at least two years’ professional experience. They fulfill the necessary academic requirements and can be expected to successfully complete a study programme in Germany (above-average result for first academic exam – top performance third, language skills)
- Candidates can prove their motivation is development-related and be expected to take on social responsibility and initiate and support processes of change in their personal and professional environment after their training/education
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply, the applicants must submit an online application through the link: https://www.daad.de/medien/deutschland/stipendien/formulare/forschungsstipendium_en.pdf
- Supporting Documents: As part of the application, the applicants must submit all the following required documents: DAAD application form, hand-signed CV (use the Europass specimen form at http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/), hand-signed letter of motivation (with reference to current occupation) maximum 2 pages, academic letter/s of recommendation (the letters must have a letterhead, a signature and office stamp and must be of recent date, professional letter/s of recommendation from your employer (the letters must have a letterhead, a signature and office stamp and must be of recent date), confirmation of employment from the employer in your home country and -if possible- a guarantee of re-employment upon your return home, Proof of language abilities: a) English – TOEFL or IELTS (Note: We only accept an academic TOEFL) b) German – necessary for the courses taught in German; for the courses taught in English, if available, copies of awarded academic degrees (certified translation if necessary) – copies of academic transcripts (certified translation if necessary)
- Admission Requirements: to apply the applicants must be graduates with at least two years’ professional experience and have a Bachelor degree (usually a four-year course) in an appropriate subject
- Language Requirement: English or German
The university will provide all the following:
- Depending on the academic level, monthly payments of 850 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding