People are identifies according to what they do and how they associate with others in public. And if you want to find out who a Ugandan is, here we go;
Sixteen things to know he/she is a Ugandan
- Goes to a restaurant and orders Mpaa nga Eyolii
- They are always dishing other people’s cars, especially the Vitz yet
- they don’t even own a bicycle.
- They say 207 when they mean 2007
- They point at stuff with their lips…Muvewano!
- Reads your newspaper with you in the Taxi and gets angry when you flip over the page.
- Goes to study in India and returns with an American accent…”Yu na wha am sayin?”
- You invite them home for a birthday party and they come empty-hand-ed and VERY hungry.
- Borrows your pen and never returns, and if they do return it, the tip has been chewed!.
- When relatives come over to visit, they expect you to give them back
- there transport to and fro.
- When surprised their first word is ‘Mama nze!’
- Introduces himself/herself by saying ‘My names are’
- Puts Avocado in all types of food even crisps SMH.
- They fear meeting police at night than a robber!
- Buys mineral water once and re-uses the bottle with tap water for 2 months.