Vacancy title:2 Finance and Grants Assistants
Deadline of this Job:09th August 2019
Duty Station:Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
World Education Inc. /Bantwana (WEI/B) is a Non-Government Organization that helps children orphaned and made vulnerable by HIV/ AIDS to access the comprehensive support and care they need to grow into healthy adults. … Learn more at bantwana.org As an equal opportunity employer, WEI/Bantwana is seeking to hire qualified persons to fill the following positions: Position: Finance and Grants Assistants (2) Reports to: Finance and Grants Officer Duty Station: Kampala Job Summary The Finance and Grants Assistants will provide support to the Grants Officers so as to ensure that the Partners are compliant with WEI/Donor regulations and that Donor funds are safeguarded and used for intended purposes. .
• Assist Grants Officers in reviewing partner financial reports and supporting document to ensure they are accurate and comply with 1) good accounting practices 2)WEI/USAID rules and regulations
• Raise voucher review queries with partners and follow up responses
• Draft liquidation covers and Updating all partner files
• Assisting grants officers to review cost share documentations from partners
• Assist grants Officers to address field link queries
• Ensuring that partners comply with all set provisions of sub-award agreements and partner policies and procedures.
• Reporting compliance issues and activities on a regular basis to the Supervisor
• Preparing formal and informal responses to investigations, inquiries, and requests with guidance from the Supervisor.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• A minimum of one year accounting experience preferably in an auditing environment
• Relevant university study, preferably in accounting or finance;
• Ability to present complex information in a compelling manner;
• Ability to pay attention to detail;
• Ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people and;
• Advanced excel knowledge required.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Interested applicants with the required Qualification, Knowledge, Skills, Attributes and Abilities should send their applications and CVs (detailing responsibilities carried out in previous positions) to the Human Resource Manager, World Education Inc. Bantwana through the following Email:[email protected] . Indicate clearly on the application subject line the position name applied for. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Deadline for applications submission: Monday August 09, 2019 at 5:00pm