Vacancy title: 3 Mail Handler
Type: FULL TIME
Category: Customer Service
Jobs at: Uganda Post Limited
Deadline of this Job: 17 January 2020
Duty Station: Within Uganda , kampala , East Africa
Job Title: Mall Handler (03 positions)
Department: Business Services
Reports to: Assistant Post Officer
Handling customers incoming and outgoing mails by distributing and delivering them to the right owners in line with the objectives and aims of UPL. .
• Handle opening of mail bags as maybe assigned by the supervisor and check the items recorded in the way bill.
• Record the mails in the delivery book.
• Sort, organize and prepare letter items, packets for delivery to their rightful addresses by availing transportation for easy delivery of the letter items.
• Ensure that all incoming and outgoing mails are sorted and delivered according to the address.
• Make certain that torn and damaged items are carefully secured, re-weigh the item, wrap it again and make a report to the supervisor.
• Accept and deliver mail items and ensure that motorbikes are fueled and maintained in the right state.
• Receive, sort and deliver incoming mail directed to staff and departments and moving mail bags, parcels, and other mail items within the sorting area.
• Time management
• Interpersonal skills
• Communication skills
Required minimum qualifications and experience
• General Education
• A valid riders permit is a MUST
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
To the General Public Uganda Post Limited (T/A) Posta Uganda is inviting qualified persons who meet the stated minimum requirements to apply for the following vacancies which exist within the Company. Interested candidates should send their application letter; attach certified copies of academic transcripts and certificates and a detailed CV, to reach the address below not later than 17th February 2020.
The Head, Department of Human Resource and Administration
P.O. Box 7106,
Kampala Disclaimer: Those who had applied in the previous advert should not reapply because their applications will be considered.)
Please Note: 1.
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered
Candidates who do not receive feedback within a month’s time from the deadline should consider their applications unsuccessful.