- Company: Restless Development
- Location: Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare Jobs in Uganda
Restless Development knows that young people have the power to solve the challenges we face in our world, but they are being ignored and overlooked. We are the agency that works with young people so they can lead in solving those challenges. Whether that means supporting communities to end child marriage or prevent HIV, we work with young people to change their lives and the lives of people in their communities.
We have operated in Uganda since 1997. Our work is guided by four goals set out by young people; (1) Voice: we recognize that young people have a voice and that participation is only meaningful when linked to power. (2) Living: We support young people to achieve a decent living and hold governments accountable for investing in youth-driven sustainable economies. (3) Sexual, Reproductive and Health Rights: We support young people to make positive choices about their health. and (4) Leadership: We empower young people and communities to prevent and lead the response to emerging crises, we make sure that this is part of a wider approach to invest in young people to build long-term resilience and sustainability through community mobilization.
Job Summary: Restless Development Uganda is seeking a talented and dynamic individual to support the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Unit. The Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Coordinator will lead the Monitoring, Reporting and Evaluation functions across the Uganda Hub, through their team. Working directly with the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Manager and supported by 2 Assistant Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Assistant Coordinators. The successful candidate will ensure that impact and learning is documented and used for designing and adapting our programmes to bring transformative change in Uganda and ensure that these shared across the global agency and with partners to ensure scale and sustainability.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Oversight on Monitoring and Reporting systems and frameworks (40%).
- To provide leadership on Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Reporting across all our goal areas to ensure they are aligned with, and delivering, Restless Development’s Strategy, Quality assurance framework, and global priorities of strengthening evidence, learning and impact across all programmes within the Uganda hub.
- Develop and align project specific result frameworks to Global Restless Development Uganda Results framework, log frame, systems and tools to ensure programmes are being monitored and evaluated effectively.
- Lead the development, support and maintenance of relevant programme databases in line with Restless Development data management framework.
- Support programme teams through coordination of data collection and analysis.
- Ensure high quality and timely preparation of M&E reports in line with reporting guidelines and donor requirements.
- Design all project monitoring and reporting systems and tools in line with internal and external grant management requirements.
- Coordinate the compilation of the Quarterly National Programme Reports
- Perform data quality checks for all internal and external reports in line with reporting guidelines and donor requirements.
- Lead program feedback sessions with staff and other stakeholders on program performance, impact and learning.
Delivering and disseminating Evaluation and Learning products to internal and external audiences (30%)
- Lead the development and delivery of MEL plans for all the programmes are in line with the Programme Quality Framework and MEL framework as well as Donor requirements.
- Coordinate the evaluation processes across all programmes and ensure high quality evaluation reports and learning papers are developed to be shared across hubs, with donors and partners.
- Ensure in-depth evaluations are accompanied by impact briefs to share the key highlights.
- Prepare case studies to show the impact and learnings of our Programmes
- Lead in preparing impact data to inform programme design and organizational capacity statements across all goal areas.
People management (20%)
- Ensure all aspects of the performance management cycle are followed for all team members.
- Ensure that all staff have clear goals, performance objectives and career development plans
- Line and performance manage Assistant Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinators Programme
- Contribute to staff training and capacity development initiatives
- Plan, lead and evaluate M&E training workshops for partner organisations and/or other Restless Development Country Programmes as requested
- Plan, lead and evaluate regular M&E training workshops to build the capacity of Restless Development Uganda staff in use of M&E data for programme development
- Lead in providing data for evidence based decision making for the Leadership Team Meetings.
- Ensure staff and volunteer safeguarding policies are adhered to by the team
- Other duties as required, sometimes requiring working on weekends and holidays for which time off in lieu can be taken.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Restless Development Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Coordinator job must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field of study (e.g. development studies, Social work, social science, health promotion), Post graduate studies or masters are an added advantage or equivalent work experience.
- At least seven years’ experience in programme design and implementation, ideally with a focus on International Development, programme quality control, SRHR, livelihoods, Governance, working with young people
- At least 5 years of experience working in monitoring and evaluation, including design of systems and tools, data analysis and report writing
- Demonstrated ability to lead both high-level strategic and hands-on operational work
- A clear understanding of contemporary development issues and trends in M&E in the field of international development
- Competencies: Individuals must be results orientated, highly self-motivated and have demonstrated analytical skills. The successful candidate will thrive in a multicultural environment as part of a rapidly growing organization and be personally committed to Restless Development’s mission and values.
- At least two years of management experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal), fluency in written and spoken English essential and excellent IT skills
- Excellent knowledge and experience of designing and using mobile data collection platforms (Magpi, SurveyToGo, ODK, KoBOCollect, Survey CTO etc)
- Good knowledge of different donor M&E systems e.g. DFID, EU, DANIDA
- Experience working in a youthful, multicultural environment
- Risk mitigation, response and management
- Ability to analyse problems and make sound operational decisions
- Excellent IT, including relevant M&E packages (EpiInfo, Databases, SPSS, STATA, SAS, etc)
Deadline: Monday 9th March, 2020