Vacancy title: 6 Study Nurse
Type: FULL TIME.
Jobs at: Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC)
Deadline of this Job: 16th October 2019
Duty Station: Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
STUDY NURSE (6 positions).
The Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC) seeks to hire 6 suitable candidates for the position of STUDY NURSE for a new project called the TB Screening Improves Preventive Therapy Uptake (TB SCRIPT) Trial. This is a Kampala based position. .
Duties and Responsibilities
• Screen, consent, enroll and follow study participants
• Participate in counselling and management of study participants
• Provide TB treatment and fill the TB treatment register;
• Organize patient follow-up and carry out home visits if required;
• Participate in data collection and entry;
• Collect blood and sputum specimens and transport to laboratory when needed;
• Communicate closely with locally and internationally based Clinical Investigators by email and weekly telephone conferences
Required qualifications and other desirables for the job:
• Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Nursing.
• Prior experience working as a Study Nurse on trials and/or longitudinal studies
• Good working knowledge of TB and HIV care and treatment
• Fluency in Luganda.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
• Demonstrate experience with management of study data.
• Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work under stringent deadlines and to work independently
• Excellent attention to detail
Job Education Requirements: Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job Skills: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Applications should be delivered to:
The Human Resource Manager
Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC),
Plot 2C, Nakasero Hill Road next to Uganda Blood Bank.
P. O Box 7475 Kampala, Uganda. This advert can also be found on
ADDITIONAL IMPORTANT COMMENTS:
1. All applications must be delivered on or before 5:00pm, Wednesday 16th October 2019
2. All applications must be accompanied by the following at the time of submission: Current CV, typed application letter, the contact details of three work related referees not relatives and copies of academic certificates.
3. Submission of incomplete or inaccurate documents will render the applicant ineligible for consideration for the job opening.
4. Applications cannot be amended following submission.
5. ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FURTHER.
6. IDRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process neither does it use the services of any recruitment agencies.