Organization: Ministry of Internal Affairs
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Ref. No.: HRM 53/272/02
Salary Scale: U4
About The Ministry of Internal Affairs:
The Ministry of Internal Affairs has been given the mandate to maintain a peaceful, safe and stable Uganda by the Ugandan Government. The Ministry of Internal Affairs is made up of Departments and Directorates of which each plays a vital role in the overall responsibilities of the Ministry, The main Departments and Directorates include:
- The Directorate of Citizenship and Immigration Control
- National Community Service Programme
- Finance and Administration
- Directorate of Government Analytical Laboratories
- National Focal Point for Small Arms
- NGO Board
- Amnesty Commission
Key Duties and Responsibilities: The incumbent will be responsible to Immigration Officer for performing the following duties:
- Border monitoring and scouting for illegal immigrants.
- Responsible for border patrol.
- Occasionally compiling data on entry and exit travelers.
- Arrest of illegal Immigrants at border points.
- Guiding and advising Immigrants on the Immigration procedures at the entry/exit points.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
The candidates for the Immigration Assistant vacancies should be Ugandans holding the following qualifications;
- Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE)/,0’ Level with any of the following;
- Pass in 6 subjects, including English Language with a Credit in, at least, one of them or.
- Pass in 5 subjects, including English Language, with credit in, at least, two of them or
- Pass in 4 subjects, including English language, with Credits in all of them plus
- Hold a Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) I ‘A’ Level with at least one principal pass.
- Possession of a Certificate or Diploma in either Law or Business Studies or Management or Information Technology or Computer Science/Engineering or Public Relations, or Mass Communication or Journalism from a recognized Institution, Training in Computer Application where applicable and knowledge of a foreign language such as Chinese will be an added advantage.
NOTE: Applicants with degrees shall not be considered.
NB: The applicants for the Posts of Immigration Assistant shall be required to:
- Pass the described physical fitness and health tests in accordance with the Laws of Uganda.
- Successfully undergo the immigration specialized training for a maximum of nine (9) months at Government expense as a pre-condition for appointment.
Age: Between 21 – 30 years
How to Apply for the job:
All candidates are encouraged to fill in applications in triplicate and submit them to the Secretary, Public Service Commission, P.O. Box 7080, Kampala, Uganda. The Application and Summary Forms are obtainable from the Public Service Commission Office, 2nd Floor, Farmers House, Parliament Avenue, Kampala, Ministry/Department Headquarters and District Service Commission Offices, or can be downloaded from the PSC website, download here. Hand written applications are also acceptable.
Application forms should bear the title of the post followed by the Reference Number specified against the vacancy. The appropriate Advert Title e.g. “PSC External Advert. No. 3/2014” should be indicated in capital letters on the top of each first page of the Public Service Form No. 3 (2008). Applicants should attach three sets of photocopies of their certificates and testimonials. Applicants subsequently shortlisted for oral interviews shall be required to present certified copies and originals of their academic transcripts and certificates at the time of sitting the Oral Interviews.
Applicants should attach three (3) recent certified passport size photographs and should apply for a maximum of only two (2) posts clearly indicating the first and second choice on the application.
Deadline: 12th January, 2015