Job Title: Accounts Reconciliation Assistant (No Experience Jobs)
Organisation: UAP Old Mutual Group
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The UAP Old Mutual Group is an integrated Financial Service business comprising Faulu Microfinance Bank, UAP and Old Mutual. The Group, which is operational in East Africa services to more than 1.2 million customers across Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda and South Sudan. The UAP Old Mutual Group now comprises of three key players as a result of the acquisition of a controlling stake in Faulu in 2014 and UAP in 2015 by Old Mutual. The acquisitions resulted in Old Mutual Kenya UAP Holdings and Faulu Microfinance Bank, forming one of the largest financial services groups with a growing footprint in East and Central Africa. UAP and Old Mutual have been major players in the financial services market in East Africa for decades. The two entities have vast experience in Insurance, Investment, Asset Management and Banking, and are passionate about helping our customers achieve their financial goals.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To maintain an effective and efficient premium and other bank transactions allocation function to enable the organization meet its customers’ expectations at optimal cost
- To allocate premium transactions onto the respective customer accounts/policies.
- To review suspense reports and engage bank relationship officers to share transaction details for proper allocation.
- To make allocation of payments (Claims and commission) to the respective contract IDs for reporting purposes.
- Upload bank statements for all Thought Express banks into the system daily and ensure completeness of all transactions.
- Perform daily bank statement allocations for all payments received and payments made.
- Allocate and upload the check off response files received from employers onto specific customer policies.
- Allocate and upload direct debit rejection files onto specific customer policies daily.
- Reconcile pay points control account position on a daily basis.
- Receive and review customer queries in line with receipting and policy reconciliation for timely resolution.
- Monitor the unallocated monies control ledger and engage banks where extra transaction information is required daily.
- Reconcile thought express treasury control accounts weekly to ensure the available balances are fully supported.
- Coordinate with the bancassurance officers to ensure that all premiums received have been fully allocated.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold an Honours Degree (Hons): Business Administration (Required)
- Skills: Account Reconciliations, Bancassurance, Banking Relationships, Bank Statements, Control Accounts, Customer Accounts, Customer Queries, Direct Debits, Management Reporting, Payments, Reconciliations
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 26th August 2022