Job Title: Administration Officer (Fresher Jobs)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Educate! prepares youth in Africa with the skills to succeed in today’s economy. We tackle youth unemployment by partnering with schools and governments to reform what schools teach and how they teach it, so that students in Africa have the skills to attain further education, overcome gender inequities, start businesses, get jobs and drive development in their communities. Our model is delivered through practically-trained teachers and youth mentors. Educate!’s goal is to make this practical, skills-based model part of national education systems.
Job Summary: The Administration Officer will be responsible for ensuring Quality Control, being at the forefront of Stores Management and Shipping, Staff Support and Mentor Scholarships Management as well as Events Managements while contributing to the effective and smooth running of all business operations under fast-changing and complex circumstances and will directly report to Educate! Human Resource & Administration Manager.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Quality Control (30%)
- Count & verify material delivered to ensure that they match what was ordered.
- Support with Quality checks & Verifications on received items before adding to store or shipping
- Checks quality of materials or services to ensure consistency with requirements through quality monitoring from initiation to usage.
- Implement the operational controls for facilities such as telephone, internet, etc.
- Ensure there are operational controls of the facility services such as telephone, internet, security etc.
- Ensure the proper safety of the procurement documents.
- Ensure that the files are arranged in order of their reference for easy access.
- Suggest improvements based on regular staff feedback and respond to challenges within stipulated timelines.
Stores Management and Shipping (30%)
- Receive and dispatch supplies as per departmental needs in a timely manner.
- Quarterly stores checks and uploading of new stock in stock cards/bin cards accordingly
- Generate monthly stores report and make updates as per entry of new stock
- Create a functional stores inventory and ensure proper maintenance of stock supplies
- Carry out research and suggests areas of improvement in running the stores
- Record and retrieve information related to supply/logistics including receiving documents and data for input in a timely manner
- Maintain a clean and organized store and ensure stored items are well cataloged and labeled.
- Ensure that all programs implementation staff have all the materials they need at all times
- Batch materials to be shipped to the field.
- Track & Monitor incoming & outgoing shipments to the different field locations.
- Liaise with YLs to ensure timely distribution of materials to the field.
- Organize Transport & Shipment of field materials & ensure shipping costs are done within the budget.
- Liaise with the PC to ensure standardized transportation plans are made for field shipments.
- Contact vendors to obtain prices for ‘Most Frequently Procured Items’, and compiled price lists.
- Follow up with Suppliers on delivery of materials
- Support with evaluation of received bids/quotations/proposals
- Prepare vendor payment documents, upload for signing and follow up with finance to ensure timely payment processing
- Support with sorting and compilation of vendor data during prequalification
- Develop and maintain a contracts tracker
- Alert the P&L Coordinator at least 4 months before any contract expires
- Physically visit vendors to confirm their existence and physical address
- Support with interviewing of candidates for contractor roles
- Processing Payments for vendors, contractors and consultants
Staff Support and Mentor Scholarships Management (20%)
- Act as the liaison point for requests from staff about repair/replacement of laptops, phones and other work tools
- Prepare monthly data, CUG and airtime schedules and ensure staff receive data and airtime in a timely manner
- Arrange all the necessary transportation for guests while they are in the country
- Arrange accommodation for guests
- Keep track of all individual scholarship student’s performance and fees payment.
- Maintain Proper records and documentation of student payments, performance and progress reports.
- Hold regular one on one meetings with scholarship students to check in on their progress and address challenges that may arise
- Compile, share and periodically improve on Scholarship Program reports basing on changing needs and any feedback received
- Closely collaborate with the Graduate Program team regarding the announcement, collection selection and awarding of the scholarship Awardees ensuring the proper processes and procedures are upheld and properly documented.
Event Management (20%)
- Plan logistical inputs required for Org wide events. Create and ensure the presence of a clear and up to date event master plan.
- Coordinate relevant parties to ensure that all key timelines are met and upheld.
- Call and lead Event prep and collaboration meetings and facilitate the involvement of all concerned parties.
- Ensure proper documentation of Meeting Action Items and follow through to completion.
- Coordinate all visitor arrangements including bookings, airport pickups and drops and transportation and ensure a pleasant experience of all visitors & events and lead meetings for the same
- Ensure procedures for telephone messages, reception, and E! office tours are formal and of acceptable quality
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Procurement and Logistics Management, Supply Chain Management or any relevant field
- A minimum of two years of professional experience.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, with excellent MS Word and Excel skills, Power point, Email, google drive etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Thoroughness when accomplishing tasks
- Systems oriented, high integrity
- Excellent customer service, general management and strong personality.
- Experience in multitasking in a fast – paced environment, set priorities, work independently as well as thrive a team.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should apply online at the link below.