Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Duty Station: Lira, Uganda
Reports to: Program Manager
Redeem is a Christian (International) NGO with a mission of protecting widows and orphans from violent abuse and exploitation. We are currently launching casework teams in the Wakiso and Iganga districts to partner with local law enforcement authorities in land grabbing cases.
Job Summary: As Redeem’s Administrative Assistant, you will support Redeem’s mission of protecting Uganda’s widows and orphans by ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of the National Team and providing the National Director with high-quality administrative support.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing and maintaining the National Director’s calendar, appointments, and travel arrangements;
- Managing the National Director’s incoming and outgoing correspondence, including emails, chats and calls;
- Arranging meetings for the National Director, preparing agendas and materials and coordinating logistics;
- Organizing and maintaining the National Director’s electronic and physical files, including confidential files;
- Preparing and submitting internal reports and on behalf of the National Director;
- Conducting research and presenting findings to support the National Director’s decision-making process;
- Assisting with special projects and initiatives as assigned by the National Director;
- Providing clerical support (photocopying, note-taking, filing, etc…) for Redeem National Team members;
- Screening, granting entrance, and receiving guests who visit the Redeem office premises;
- Running business-related errands to enhance office efficiency;
- Ensuring a professional and well-organized professional working environment for the National Team;
- Liaising with the management of the Innovation Village as to facilities-related needs and issues;
- Communicating with donors, supporters, media and other outside parties about Redeem’s work;
- Contributing to the review and design of Redeem’s organizational systems, guidelines and policies;
- Participating in Redeem’s professional development and spiritual formation activities;
- Supporting other teams within Redeem in the achievement of their objectives; and
- Completing other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree or professional equivalent in business administration or relevant field;
- At least five years of professional experience in an administrative support role;
- Experience working in start-up, international, matrixed and/or faith-based organizations is desired
- Required: Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy;
- Required: Next-level emotional intelligence, and relationship building capacity;
- Required: Confidence-enhancing written work product and oral communication;
- Required: Computer literacy with strong capacity in word processing, email and data analysis;
- Required: Ability to effectively lead and influence without direct management authority;
- Preferred: Understanding of Google business suite and digital project management tools;
- Required: Mature Christian faith;
- Required: High degree of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness;
- Required: Strong teamwork, interpersonal skills and ability to work on a multidisciplinary team;
- Required: Excellent independent professional judgment and ethical decision-making;
- Required: Innovative and creative problem solving in the face of complex nuanced issues;
- Required: Persistence and tenacity in the face of difficult problems or challenges;
- Required: Commitment to meet deadlines and achieve results in a fast-paced environment; and Required: Love-motivated service orientation toward colleagues, partners and even adversaries.
Redeem strives to build a culture of Christian excellence that reflects the following four core values:
We love each other well;
We don’t make easy things hard; We measure by results; and We are joyful in our work.
Redeem is looking for a highly skilled and responsible individual who will reflect these values while providing high-level administrative support to the National Director and ensuring the smooth functioning of the National Team’s daily operations.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send a cover letter and updated resume, with copies of their academic credentials, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 3rd July 2023.