Job Title: Analyst, Financial Crime Compliance
Organisation: Stanbic Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is a subsidiary of Stanbic Africa Holdings Limited which is in turn owned by Standard Bank Group Limited (“the Group”), Africa’s leading banking and financial services group. The Standard Bank Group is the leading banking group focused on emerging markets. It is the largest African banking group ranked by assets and earnings. Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is the largest bank in Uganda by assets and market capitalization. It offers a full range of banking services through two business units; Personal and Business Banking (PBB), and Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB).
Job Summary: The Analyst, Financial Crime Compliance will conduct in-depth investigations, inclusive of high-risk Politically Exposed Persons (PEPs) or Politically Influential Persons (PIPs), related to terrorist financing, money laundering, bribery, corruption, other predicate offences or other suspicious activity, This is essential in order to contribute to the assurance that business is undertaken in a compliant manner to avoid operational losses, fines, penalties or reputational damage to the organisation.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a First Degree
- Experience in Compliance is required
- Experience in Transaction or Client Monitoring
- Three to four years of related work experience
- Experience in the realm of Anti-Fraud, -Bribery, -Market Abuse, -Money Laundering and Combatting Financing of Terrorism Surveillance, Analytics is an added advantage.
- Three to four years of related work experience in Regulatory Engagement
- Experience in bank processes, products and systems.
- Experience in dealing with different stakeholders at different levels both internal and external.
- Providing Insights
- Developing Expertise
- Interpreting Data
- Articulating Information
- Interacting with People
- Team Working
- Meeting Timescales
- Following Procedures
- Upholding Standards
- Taking Action
- Promote Good Governance, Risk & Control
- Risk Management
- Financial Industry Regulatory Framework
- Fraud Detection and Management
- Legal Compliance
- Checking Things
- Managing Tasks
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the one of Africa’s biggest Banking Groups, Standard Bank in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to Apply Online by visiting Link below.