Job Title: Accountant
Organisation: Global Duty and Travel Retail Free Operator
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
NFT Consult, a leading HR Consultancy firm, seeks to recruit for its valuable client, Our Client is a global duty free and travel retail operator with its headquarters in Dubai. It operates across different formats like duty free shops in airports, borders, downtown, sea ports, UN commisary shops and diplomatic duty free. NFT Human Resource Solutions are customer tailored per industry requirements and are geared towards increased cost savings, process improvement leading to improved efficiency and effectiveness yet simultaneously strengthening quality and control of resources.
Job Summary: The Accountant will process all the financial and administrative duties at their airport store in Entebbe.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process the day-to-day accounting functions of the location.
- Handle administrative work wherever applicable.
- Safe custody of all important company documents.
- In charge of handling cash and banking.
- Responsible for all cash flow projections.
- Draw annual budgets.
- Costing of goods.
- Maintain updated fixed assets register with assets coding.
- Making payments & controlling of all expenses.
- Maintain proper employee records including timely returns of statutory returns to the concerned authorities.
- Prepare and analyze monthly financial statements.
- Work closely with the company’s bankers.
- Send Daily Operations Summary on daily basis.
- Inventory management and controls.
- Ensure optimal stock levels are maintained at the location
- Works closely with the External Auditors for audit
- Perform any other duty as assigned
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should be a Certified accountant will be preferred of qualification equivalent to a certified accountant
- SAP knowledge would be an added advantage
- At least four to eight years’ working experience preferably from the Retail industry.
How to Apply for the job:
All suitably qualified candidates should visit the web link below and create a profile on the NFT Consult website by entering their e-mail addresses. Please visit web link below and click Apply now if convinced you have the job requirements. The applications/CVs should be prepared in English and submitted in either MS Word or PDF format will be considered.