Job Title: Statistician
Organisation: Mukono District Local Government
Duty Station: Mukono, Uganda
Vacancy No: External Advert No. 001/2014
Mukono District Service Commission seeks to recruit new staff to help bolster its vision of being a prosperous Municipality for all and providing quality services within local and national priorities for improved standard of living of Mukono Municipal council.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The job holder will be collecting, analysing and storing Data;
- Producing statistical reports;
- Appraising Development projects;
- In charge of organising and implementing National Surveys;
- Offering technical support on statistical matters to Local Government.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold an Honours Bachelor Degree in Statistics from a recognised institution.
- Skills in Planning, Organizing and coordinating;
- Good Project Planning and Management skills
- Skills in Information Communication Technology (ICT);
- Excellent records and information management skills
- Concern for quality and standards;
- Excellent communication skills
- Good Time Management skills
Age: 25-45 years
How to Apply for the job:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should obtain Public Service Commission Form 3 (Revised 2008), download here, and fill it in Triplicate or pick it from the Secretary to District Service Commission or Public Service Commission Offices on Farmers House Parliamentary Avenue First Floor.
All serving officers should send their applications through their Heads of Departments, who should be reminded of the closing date to avoid delay. The applications should bear the title of the post. Academic qualifications, testimonials, CVs and any other relevant documents should be attached plus three recent passport size photographs.
All complete applications should be sent to the Secretary, District Service Commission, P.O. Box 110 Mukono, Uganda
Deadline: Friday 30th January, 2015