Job Title: Credit Administrator
Organisation: Eleglance Finance Ltd
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
Reports to: Manager Credit
Eleglance Finance Ltd is a fully licensed financial institution licensed by the Bank of Uganda.
Job Summary: The Credit Administrator is responsible for the daily administration of the loan portfolio of the company. The incumbent will also be the primary contact for all loan processing and problem resolution with regards to payments etc. He/ she also acts as the company’s primary focal point for managing and controlling the company’s interests and operational risks in the delivery of the entire company’s loan portfolio.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain, train and motivate individual Credit Officers
- Trains less experienced individual credit officers on the credit policies and procedures.
- Conducts intuitive performance review of credit officers ensuring that they are appraised based on SMART objectives.
- Ensures effective management of poor performance and disciplinary actions, when necessary.
- Coaches, encourages and mentors credit officers.
- Encourages teamwork and the sharing of best practices amongst all credit officers.
- Holds regular reporting and planning meetings with individual credit officers.
- Actively promotes company values and sets a personal example to individual credit officers.
- Evaluates, monitors and controls performance of individual loans against agreed performance standards and targets and takes corrective action on reported delinquent accounts
- Prepares individual loan operations updates on a daily, weekly and monthly basis and analyses reports vis-à-vis performance targets.
- Validates information received from individual credit officers regarding default payments, business activity and other issues that may arise during the client and field visits.
- Intuitively monitors loan approval, disbursement and collection.
- Communicates credit policies and procedures and objective standards and parameters for individual loans to credit officers.
- Communicates clear guidelines and procedures including pre-loan eligibility requirements, client screening, collateral, product design, loan approval accountability and authority levels, repayment terms and incentives, delinquency and default management.
- Monitors individual loan processes and administration activities ensuring compliance to policy guidelines including adequacy and security of collateral.
- Recommends approval of loans and ensures that the appropriate amount is recommended for re-loans.
- Ensures that approved loans are processed and released on the agreed date.
- Intuitively reviews pre-qualification assessment reports prepared by individual credit officers.
- Interviews clients prior to release of loans to ensure that they are fully aware of their responsibilities.
- Reviews collection report per individual credit officer taking note of delinquent payments and ensuring that corrective action is taken.
- Builds and maintains client relationships, business development and marketing opportunities.
- Supports and trains individual credit officers to effectively communicate the organization’s products and services and individual credit policies and procedures.
- Supports management in developing and implementing an expansion and market penetration program including new products and expansion into new areas, and in identifying new business opportunities.
- Actively promote bank products and services to potential clients.
- Ensures that clients receive quality products and services through regular client interface, dealing with them with respect and integrity.
- Fosters the importance of long term relationships among the team.
- Implements cost controls, marketing and income generating efforts and monitors expenses to ensure compliance to budget.
- Contributes to the overall profitability of the company by implementing cost controls, marketing and income generation efforts, and monitoring expenses to ensure compliance to budget.
- Develops and maintains knowledge of the microfinance industry, economy, market conditions, competition and relationships with other banks and financial institutions.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Education or any other related field
- At least eight years’ experience in the business field
- Possess good leadership and communication skills in order to work most effectively with clients and willing to work in awkward and extended hours, evenings and weekends to achieve your goals.
- Good practical knowledge of commonly used computer software like Microsoft Word, Excel with strong oral communication skills
Age: between 28 – 40 years
How to Apply for the job:
All candidates are encouraged to send their updated and detailed curriculum vitae, current salary information, copies of academic transcripts and certificates, including contacts and details of at least three professional referees to: email@example.com
NB: Please clearly indicate the position you are applying for in subject on E-mail.
Deadline: 9th January 2015