Job Title: Temporary Accountant
The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for educational opportunities and cultural relations. We create international opportunities for the people of the UK and other countries and build trust between them worldwide. British Council Uganda is based in Kampala and offers a full range of programmes including examinations, project management on behalf of other donors, and its own grant funded projects. British Council has operated in Uganda since 1952 and its aim is to build cultural and educational relations between Uganda and the UK.
Job Summary: The British Council Temporary Accountant will support the Uganda office with the financial services and advice need to ensure an efficient, secure and appropriate financial environment. The post holder will be accountable to the Finance and Administration Manager, for the successful delivery of finances for the British Council Uganda Directorate. The post holder will be responsible for supporting all staff with regard to financial tasks within the British Council portfolio.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Render support to the Finance team in the reconciliation of vendor accounts.
- Support the Finance team with financial and administrative duties complying with British Council corporate standards.
- Oversee vendor relations from identifying vendors and ensure value for money for goods and services sourced.
- Update and maintain filing systems for the finance department and operational teams.
- Support the Finance team with Adhoc requests for information and analysis
- Support with inventory verification, maintenance of facilities and proper management of assets.
- Support the Finance team to maintain office accounting systems. All financial and related systems maintained to the standards of Essential Finance and other key regulations i.e. Invoices verified for supporting documentation scanned and sent to HUB daily so vendors are paid on time, Creditor reconciliation are done monthly as per HUB top 10 list, Post parked cash journals in a timely fashion.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree in relevant field i.e. Business Administration, Commerce, Science in Accounting etc.
- The Temporary Accountant should have Basic Finance and Administration Management with at least some recent engagements in related field
- The post requires generic financial skills, and the post holder should expect to assist in the delivery of excellent level of service in line with Global Essential Finance and British Council corporate requirements.
How to Apply for the job:
All suitably qualified candidates should visit the web link below and create a profile on the NFT Consult website by entering their e-mail addresses. Please visit web link below and click Apply now if convinced you have the job requirements. The applications/CVs should be prepared in English and submitted in either MS Word or PDF format will be considered.