Job Tittle : Operations Manager – Card Issuing
Job Summary: The Operations manager – Card Issuing will be responsible for;
- Responsible for managing the Card Operations unit and ensuring quality service is offered by creating and dedicated team.
- Manage the human resources and systems at the unit. Responsibility of the unit is managing all card operations for customers and merchants, including PIN and Card receipt
- Responsible for the integrity of the quality and service in the unit to ensure no lapses.
- Responsible for the control and monitoring of cost elements within the unit
- Establish and maintain effective working relationship with internal and external customers.
- Ensure that service levels are maintained and adhered to.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Staff Management (40%)
- Implement and maintain a coaching and training programme for direct reports including a regular review of performance
- Manage and motivate staff recognising outstanding performance
- Lead and direct staff to achieve business objectives
2. Business Management (50%)
- Analyze and interpret past and projected future business performance against volumes and present regular MI: monitoring and evaluating actual to target performance.
- Develop and report against the performance measures used to drive performance of the business area
- Ensure appropriate staffing numbers and capability to support maintenance section.
- Achieve individual operational performance targets and support the achievement of team targets.
- Provide regular value based reports for management information usage.
- Adhere to standards, legal and regulatory, in accordance with the Barclaycard guidance
3. Strategy and Support (10%)
- Optimize existing portfolio in conjunction with Portfolio and Product manager, planning/undertaking effective optimization campaigns
- Ensure client needs are met by ensuring excellent support in the unit while working with the Portfolio and Product manager as they establish and develop sales opportunities
- Generate leads and sales by building effective working relationships with clients.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- The applicant should possess experience with call centre operations preferably in the banking industry
- Knowledge of the Credit Card Industry is preferred
- Good overall knowledge of the Card Industry
- Good understanding of Barclaycard operations and products
- Good understanding of Barclaycard’s systems, processes and procedures
- Detailed knowledge of the Bank’s telephone service standards
- Good understanding of the techniques of Performance Management
- Good understanding of the call centre management information systems
- People Management skills
- Excellent Communication and Presentation skills
- Business awareness
- Business management
- Performance management skills
- Resource management skills
- Relationship management skills
- Team building skills
- Planning and organizational skills
- P C skills
- Networking ability
- Good integrity and professionalism
- Good Communication skills
- Forward Planning
- Analysis and Judgment
- Quality Conscious
- Developing People
How to Apply for the Job:
If you feel challenged by any of the above positions, and believe you can deliver on key deliverables as outlined above, upload your application letter, current curriculum vitae and photocopies of academic certificate to our recruitment website detail below:
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer that recruits, develops and promotes people on merit, and rewards outstanding performance, regardless of background and gender.
For queries contact us on 0417122453 or email: [email protected]
Deadline: 16th December, 2013