Job Tittle: Senior Technical Advisor, RMNCH Commodities
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is an international non-profit, public health organisation with headquarters in USA, whose purpose is to strengthen health programs worldwide.
MSH will be implementing an RMNCH (Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child Health) Commodities project which seeks to strengthen the Government of Uganda’s health system and to improve the availability and accessibility of essential medicines and health supplies (EMHS). The goals of this project are to 1) strengthen the policy and legal environment governing the production, procurement and distribution of pharmaceuticals in Uganda; 2) strengthen coordination among different stakeholders in the pharmaceutical sector; 3) finance an adequate volume of pharmaceuticals and medical supplies in both the public and private sectors; 4) strengthen the organizational structure of the pharmaceutical sector management; and 5) strengthen the delivery and storage of pharmaceutical and medical supplies at all levels
Job Summary: The Senior Technical Advisor, RMNCH Commodities, will contribute leadership and technical excellence in the design and implementation of interventions to increase availability and utilization/coverage of RMNCH commodities in the public and private sector and for priority populations.
Deadline: 10th January, 2014
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should possess a Master’s degree in Logistics, Business Administration, Management or other closely related field.
- At least eight 8 years of experience in health commodity/health service delivery logistics or supply chain strengthening, preferably in both the public and private (primarily not-for-profit sector).
- Proven experience providing technical assistance to public health programs or projects. Familiarization with a broad-based, multi-sectoral framework and approach to commodity security at the country level.
- Knowledge of Uganda’s private sector and government structures and awareness of main health issues is a strong advantage.
- Previous experience on a USAID-funded health project is desirable.
- Strong leadership, analytical, and organizational skills. Demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team. Demonstrated skill in quickly assessing priorities and opportunities and managing a variety of activities with attention to detail.
- Evidence of strong negotiation, communication skills, both interpersonal and written, to fulfill the diverse technical and managerial requirements of the contract.
- Demonstrated success building and maintaining partnerships with key stakeholders and senior-level government officials, local organizations, and representatives from international agencies.
- Willingness to travel within Uganda as needed.
How to Apply for the job:
All suitably qualified candidates should follow this link recruiting website.
NB: We thank all applicants for their interest, but can only acknowledge shortlisted candidates. Please note that any form of canvassing by candidates will lead to immediate disqualification.