Job Title: Program M & E Officer
AMREF Health Africa is an international African organization founded in Kenya in 1957. Our Headquarters are in Nairobi with major programmes in Ethiopia, Kenya, South Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda, and two regional hubs in Southern and Western Africa based in South Africa and Senegal Respectively. Working with and through African communities, health systems and governments, Amref Health Africa aims to close the gap that prevents people from accessing their basic right to health. Amref Health Africa is committed to improving the health of people in Africa by partnering with and empowering communities. Our Vision is Lasting Health Change in Africa.
Job Summary: The Amref Program M & E Officer will be primarily responsible for the implementation of monitoring and evaluation activities to measure the overall projects performance against established goals and objectives, and report on project achievements to the Country Monitoring and Evaluation Manager.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should possess a degree in demography, statistics, social sciences, health information management or related field.
- A minimum of three or more years’ experience in successfully designing, implementing and overseeing monitoring and evaluation tasks for health and/or development projects.
- Exhibit proven technical skills in monitoring and evaluation
- Good knowledge and understanding and familiarity with international indicators and standard measurement tools in the areas of reproductive health/family planning, maternal and neonatal health, HIV/AIDS and other relevant technical areas.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving skills and use of data to make informed decisions Computer literacy skills i.e. Competency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and ACCESS, and a statistical software package (SPSS, EPI-INFO, STATA, SAS or similar)
- Proven ability to work with various constituencies including, donors and local partners.
- Excellent oral a. id /written communication skills and ability to effectively communicate technical material to both expert and lay audiences in English and any other local language.
- Possess the ability to travel up to 50 % within Uganda.
- Significant experience in using data management systems Good understanding and familiarity with health and rights based programmes
- Excellent skills in data analysis, report writing and communications.
How to Apply for the job:
All candidates are encouraged to send an updated CV including three professional referees and cover letter addressed to the Human Resources Manager, Amref Health Africa in Uganda via E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Emails should not exceed 2MB.
Deadline: Friday, 21st November, 2014