Do you consider yourself a global citizen? Then apply for the 54 World Citizen Talent Scholarship.
54 scholarships each worth EUR 5,000 are available to prospective bachelor degree students for the 2014-2015 academic year. Our university is an educational united nations of 146 nationalities, where everyone speaks English. You will be taught by both local and international lecturers who have an easy way of interacting with students. The social contact among the students also makes for an enriching study period.
The Hague is the perfect home for our university, it is an international city that deserves its title – The International City of Peace & Justice. The vibrant seaside resort of Scheveningen, historic city centre and international diplomatic community all add to its international atmosphere.
Are you a Global citizen?
We are seeking young, intelligent, talented and ambitious people who view themselves as citizens of the world. If this sounds like you then check if you are eligible below and apply, all you need to do is complete the application form and write an essay of 950 to 1100 words that would convince us to award you the scholarship.
You are eligible to apply for one of these scholarships if:
- You come from outside the European Union (and not from Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein, Switzerland or Surinam)
- You are enrolling for the first time and have not studied at any of the programmes The Hague University of Applied offers
- You are a first year student joining one of our bachelor programmes
- You would have to pay the full institutional tuition fee rate
- You have never used this scholarship scheme before
- You have been provisionally accepted also-called ‘offer of student position’ as a student on or before 31 March 2014
The scholarship application process
- Step 1 – First apply for the Bachelor programme of your choice
- Step 2 – Write an essay: When writing your essay, try picturing yourself as a member of this community. In the essay, describe your cultural background and explain why and how you can contribute to the multinational, multicultural beehive that is The Hague University of Applied Sciences. Check the essay guidelines before you start writing.
- Step 3 – Submit your essay by completing the scholarship application form and attaching your essay before 1 April, 2014.
Scholarship assessment and results
The university has appointed a committee to judge all essays, The judges will select the 54 students whose essays will have impressed them most and award the scholarships to them. The decision of the jury will be binding. You will be informed about the results via email before 16 May 2014
Please note that you will only be awarded the scholarship after you have been conditionally accepted and have meet all terms and conditions of enrolment. You will receive the scholarship amount of € 5.000, after your arrival in The Hague and have set up a Dutch bank account.
By submitting your essay, you are giving us the right to publish it, if we so wish. We will also expect the lucky winners to help us with evaluations, and developments regarding the internationalisation of our institute. We’re sure you’ll agree that this is a small price to pay for getting an education that will open up avenues to an interesting and successful career in a field of your choice.
If you have any questions before you apply, please send an email to [email protected].
Click on the banner ‘Regulations for financial aid programmes’ and you will find detailed information regarding this scholarship programme.
Visit http://www.thehagueuniversity.com for details about these scholarships