To provide equal opportunities to students from developing countries, the University of Muhammadiyah Malang has established the Asian and African Students Scholarships (AASS) for the academic year 2022-2023.
This scholarship programme will support degree studies, be it undergraduate, graduate or doctoral, of international students belonging to Asian and African countries. The applicants must be of the required age, i.e., a maximum of 23 to 35 years of age and have applied to a full-time programme. The winning students will be provided full tuition fees.
Founded in 1964 and initiated by the figure of Muhammadiyah Leadership in Malang, The University of Muhammadiyah Malang is the largest Muhammadiyah university in East Java. It is included in the ranks of leading private universities in Indonesia and is one of the fast-growing universities.
Why choose to study at the University of Muhammadiyah Malang?
UMM is a place for learning, research, and community service that consistently spreads positive energy to a broad audience. It is truly a university because it is a higher education institution always committed to developing the Tri Darma of Higher Education and offers carefully designed programmes.
Application Deadline: The application is currently ongoing. However, students must honor program-specific application deadlines, if any.
- University or Organization: University of Muhammadiyah Malang
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate, Postgraduate or Doctoral
- Award: Tuition fee
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Malaysia.
- Eligible Countries: Asian or Africa.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The applicants can apply for any bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral programme offered at the University of Muhammadiyah Malang.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be 23 years of age on August 15, 2022, for Bachelor’s program.
- The applicants must be 35 years of age on August 15, 2022, for the master’s and doctorate program.
- The applicants must be a citizen of Asian or African countries.
- The applicants must be able to provide the health certificate declared by doctors or hospitals registered in their respective countries.
- The applicants must not be a citizen of Indonesia, hold permanent residency in Indonesia or be applying for a visa to live in Indonesia permanently.
- The applicants must not be permanent or impermanent workers in Indonesia while studying.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The applicants can make admission applications via the official university portal. To apply for this scholarship, the students must fill out the registration and scholarship application form available on the UMM Website.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Recent photograph
- Copy of passport
- School certificate
- School transcript
- Motivation letter
- Recommendation letter
- Copy of birth certificate and Passport
- Security vetting
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must fulfill all university international student admission requirements.
- Language Requirement: The students must apply for the university’s English proficiency test, Test of Academic English Proficiency (TAEP), designed by the Language Centre of the University of Muhammadiyah Malang.
The University of Muhammadiyah Malang will offer the selected candidates full tuition fees, including the registration costs, examination, orientation, and laboratories for the programme applied.